Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 05-01-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Syncing two multitracks on two different Operating systems!!

Ok, I know this sounds wierd, and I'm pretty sure there's no way to do it. But I've been messing around in my studio
trying to get one multi-track to start another multi-track and to move their cursors around etc. Ie. good MCE timecode.

Im running Pro tools 7 on a mac, and cool edit on a pc... they both have such varied uses, cool edit is surprisingly good
for fast tracking and quick effects VST, of which the pc has many that I can't get for pro tools

Instead of importing files back and forward I just want to run them both at the same time, tried mastering and slaving each
one in turn.. only luck I've had is when I master cool edit and slave pro tools, when I play cool edit pro tools jumps around
from random (seemingly) cursor positions.. does anyone know anything about interlocking multi-tracks.. or is it simply
impossible?

Anyone using that VST to RTAS converter? is it worthwhile? any other free rtas plug in sites for mac anyone knows about?

rock on studioites!

hoss
[email protected]