Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-13-2010, 11:06 AM

Default Ableton Live rewire slave into PT workflow

I'm curious how people use Live in this particular situation : as slave rewire into PT ( or any other DAW ) or Live MTC along with another DAW.

show me you workflow !
Old 06-13-2010, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Ableton Live rewire slave into PT workflow

Slave rewire.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
I'm curious how people use Live in this particular situation : as slave rewire into PT ( or any other DAW ) or Live MTC along with another DAW.

show me you workflow !
I've "rewired" Live a couple of times to PT...but the sad thing about Live is that
it doesn't allow you to use 3rd part plugins when in rewire mode.
Otherwise it works great!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:12 AM

I use Live as rewire slave to PT all the time. Never used to have any problems, but since PT9 (&10) if tempo is variable when you press "stop" all kinds of weird loops from rewire play simultaneously until the curser is placed at the end of the song (this doesn't happen if section played has no tempo changes).
Also I am now unable to use the time selector within Live as I was before. If a time selction needs to be made it has to be done within Protools - bit of a pain but work-roundable.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baka View Post
I use Live as rewire slave to PT all the time. Never used to have any problems, but since PT9 (&10) if tempo is variable when you press "stop" all kinds of weird loops from rewire play simultaneously until the curser is placed at the end of the song (this doesn't happen if section played has no tempo changes).
Also I am now unable to use the time selector within Live as I was before. If a time selction needs to be made it has to be done within Protools - bit of a pain but work-roundable.
Have you found a solution to this weird loop problem? Currently having a huge issue using PT11 and Live 9...every time I stop playback after a tempo change the audio coming from Live goes crazy...
Old 10-18-2015, 05:33 PM

Rewire slave has limited features in Live such as no Max4Live plugs and you cant record anything. Also frequent loop issues and crashes abound. Its really not a friendly combo.

When I know am going to do a lot of work in live, I make PT stems and import them while I use Live as standalone. Then I go back to slave rewire once all the Live parts are done and record them into PT.

my 2 cents