Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM

Default Major PT 11 Issues

There's so many issues with the upgrade I hardly know where to start! But to save time I'll cut to the chase as to where I am now. I completely uninstalled all of PT 10.3..6 and PT 11 to start over. I reinstalled PT 10.3.6 first. Now, the only VI's I have available are Reaper, Reason and TL Metro. Where's my PTIEP? Where's my new Vacuum Pro? Where's the AIR Creative Collection VI's..Xpand, Mini Grand, Boom, etc? Plus I had a slew of wrapped VST's which all showed up in my list as well. Gone. Poof! Before I uninstalled, they were all there and usable!

I did install the Air Creative collection for PT 11 earlier today, but because of other issues, like not getting Reaper to show up, I decided to try a complete reinstall, and now I have hardly anything with PT 10.3.6. At this point, I'm afraid to do anything.

How do I get all my VI's back? I didn't uninstall any of them.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Major PT 11 Issues

This is getting odder by the minute. After completely uninstalling everything Pro Tools and reinstalling 10.3.6 and 11, I think everything in 11 that should be working in 11 is working, including (finally and thankfully) Reaper 64 bit.
I was able to open a session with both Reason 7 and Reaper as well as Xpand and Boom plus some of the Avid and Air plug ins and it all seemed to work okay. So as far as 11 is concerned, at this moment, I think I now just share the common malady we all share which is not all our fav plug-ins are AAX-64 yet (c'mon Waves, IKM, SoundToys and AIR - we know you can do it!)

BUT - what is still plaguing me and I do not understand at all is where the heck all my plugins went in 10.3.6. First I only had Reaper, Reason and TL Metro show up in my instruments. Then I rebooted and those PLUS 2 and only 2 of my over 30 wrapped plugins showed up. If it found those, why not the rest? And I still have neither any of the Air Creative Collection (Boom, Xpand, etc) nor any of my PTIEP VI's. I'm really at a loss what to do about that. My plan was to take some of the current projects using some of those VI's and what not, convert the tracks from VI to audio and import to 11 to complete the mixes. But I can't even do that if 10.3.6 won't let me use those.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on? Did I make a mistake to download and install the PT 11 version of the AIR Creative Collection? But that wouldn't explain not having any of my wrapped plugins or some of the other RTAS plugins I have. I just don't know how to proceed.

Anyone have any ideas??? THanks!

Old 07-24-2013, 04:10 PM

There was something about plug-ins being put in the wrong location. But only PC PC, Mac seems OK.

Try this:

1) My user Library was pointing to a directory in my home directory - keep in mind the install configured this, it wasn't something I setup myself.

2) I had to change this to Library->Application Support->DigiDesign

Once I did this, my presets came back and I was able to save settings, etc.

And this:

Its a bit confusing now as 10 has created a situation where there are both Avid files AND Digidesign files and plugins folders. Program Files(x86)>Common Files>...then look for both Avid, and Digidesign stuff(AAX plugins will be found following the Avid>path and RTAS/AS plugins should still be found via the Digidesign path).

And:

Ahh some of them have been put inside of an "audio" folder..

The complete story:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...older-location

Sorry if I left something out. I'm on Mac.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
This is getting odder by the minute. After completely uninstalling everything Pro Tools and reinstalling 10.3.6 and 11, I think everything in 11 that should be working in 11 is working, including (finally and thankfully) Reaper 64 bit.
I was able to open a session with both Reason 7 and Reaper as well as Xpand and Boom plus some of the Avid and Air plug ins and it all seemed to work okay. So as far as 11 is concerned, at this moment, I think I now just share the common malady we all share which is not all our fav plug-ins are AAX-64 yet (c'mon Waves, IKM, SoundToys and AIR - we know you can do it!)

BUT - what is still plaguing me and I do not understand at all is where the heck all my plugins went in 10.3.6. First I only had Reaper, Reason and TL Metro show up in my instruments. Then I rebooted and those PLUS 2 and only 2 of my over 30 wrapped plugins showed up. If it found those, why not the rest? And I still have neither any of the Air Creative Collection (Boom, Xpand, etc) nor any of my PTIEP VI's. I'm really at a loss what to do about that. My plan was to take some of the current projects using some of those VI's and what not, convert the tracks from VI to audio and import to 11 to complete the mixes. But I can't even do that if 10.3.6 won't let me use those.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be going on? Did I make a mistake to download and install the PT 11 version of the AIR Creative Collection? But that wouldn't explain not having any of my wrapped plugins or some of the other RTAS plugins I have. I just don't know how to proceed.

Anyone have any ideas??? THanks!
FWIW...when i installed PT11's ACCollection i made sure i installed it to a completely different location than the earlier version. so i have 2 versions..one for PT11 and one for the earlier versions. all of these installers have logs...make sure you check those for any clues.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-24-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykhal c View Post
FWIW...when i installed PT11's ACCollection i made sure i installed it to a completely different location than the earlier version. so i have 2 versions..one for PT11 and one for the earlier versions. all of these installers have logs...make sure you check those for any clues.
Well, its a little late for me to do that since I've already installed the PT11 ACCollection. I assumed that I would have both versions: one for PT 10 which would remain as it was and one for PT11 automatically put into a PT11 folder.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park Seward View Post
There was something about plug-ins being put in the wrong location. But only PC PC, Mac seems OK.

Try this:

1) My user Library was pointing to a directory in my home directory - keep in mind the install configured this, it wasn't something I setup myself.

2) I had to change this to Library->Application Support->DigiDesign

Once I did this, my presets came back and I was able to save settings, etc.

And this:

Its a bit confusing now as 10 has created a situation where there are both Avid files AND Digidesign files and plugins folders. Program Files(x86)>Common Files>...then look for both Avid, and Digidesign stuff(AAX plugins will be found following the Avid>path and RTAS/AS plugins should still be found via the Digidesign path).

And:

Ahh some of them have been put inside of an "audio" folder..

The complete story:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/f...older-location

Sorry if I left something out. I'm on Mac.
Thanks,Park. I hadn't seen all that. I will take a look see, though. It just should not have come about that you'd have to do all this in the first place. I didn't even know you could change the user library location? What the...??

Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
which is not all our fav plug-ins are AAX-64 yet (c'mon Waves, IKM, SoundToys and AIR - we know you can do it!)!
FXPANSION native instruments lexicon ik multimedia ecetera ad nausium
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 PM

Okay, its official, the technology Gods must be very, very angry with me, for nothing I attempt to do seems to work to fix these issues. I'm down to seriously considering sacrificing small animals to an image of Bob Moog or something.

I reinstalled all my PTIEP and Vacuum Pro, and my IKM CSR reverbs, and they all now show back up on the PT 10.3.6 plug-in list. But the creative collection VI's are nowhere to be seen and I can't seem to find any where where I can download just them to reinstall them either. Anyone know where I can do that?

Secondly, I ran one of the projects that was constantly giving me the dreaded "underflow" headaches, and it played through 3 times without a hitch. 4th time...not so much. Mr Underflow returned. AND I CHANGED NOTHING AT ALL IN THE SET UP! NOTHING! I didn't even tweak a fader setting. I just listened while it played.

For Pete's sake! I wish I'd never upgraded past 10.0. Everything worked swimmingly then. Since, 10.3 I've had nothing but problems.

Avid - it really shouldn't be this difficult to do a simple upgrade. And you shouldn't require your users to also be computer/software engineers in order to use the program. If I had wanted to be a software engineer I would have majored in that in college. This is simply gotten to the point of being ridiculous! I've got projects I absolutely must finish within the week! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Okay, its official, the technology Gods must be very, very angry with me, for nothing I attempt to do seems to work to fix these issues. I'm down to seriously considering sacrificing small animals to an image of Bob Moog or something.

I reinstalled all my PTIEP and Vacuum Pro, and my IKM CSR reverbs, and they all now show back up on the PT 10.3.6 plug-in list. But the creative collection VI's are nowhere to be seen and I can't seem to find any where where I can download just them to reinstall them either. Anyone know where I can do that?

Secondly, I ran one of the projects that was constantly giving me the dreaded "underflow" headaches, and it played through 3 times without a hitch. 4th time...not so much. Mr Underflow returned. AND I CHANGED NOTHING AT ALL IN THE SET UP! NOTHING! I didn't even tweak a fader setting. I just listened while it played.

For Pete's sake! I wish I'd never upgraded past 10.0. Everything worked swimmingly then. Since, 10.3 I've had nothing but problems.

Avid - it really shouldn't be this difficult to do a simple upgrade. And you shouldn't require your users to also be computer/software engineers in order to use the program. If I had wanted to be a software engineer I would have majored in that in college. This is simply gotten to the point of being ridiculous! I've got projects I absolutely must finish within the week! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

Hope you had a Nice Hawaii Vacay and everything was great

I can't do much to help you with the underrun stuff but you can download the VI's for 10.3 and up here :

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43572

Make sure you download the correct installer for your OS and trash prefs and dae folders before you start up PT after installing

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-25-2013, 10:28 AM

If you go to your Avid account, you should see four versions of the AIR VIs. One for WIN 10, one for Mac 10, one for Win 11 and one for Mac 11.

Download the two WIN versions and you will (may) be fine.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.