Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-16-2006, 07:17 PM

Default HELP ! System Freezing (9073)

Hi,

I have PT 6.9 running on a G5 2.5 w/2x1gb sticks and a Glyph GTO50250 firewire hard drive.
The hard drive has only 2 songs on it, so its pretty much empty.

I was recording a band with 8 Drum tracks,2 guitars tracks and 1 Bass track.
11 tracks total. During the recording the computer froze with the spinning beach ball showing,
everything locked up,but you could still hear the band playing.

Then after I got it to free up and don't ask me how. I got the message:
DAE Can't Get Audio From The Drives Fast Enough Your Drive May Be Too Slow Or Fragmented Or A Firewire Drive Could Be Having Trouble Due To The Extra Firewire Bandwidth or CPU Load(-9073)

I had the H/W Buffer Size set at 128 , CPU at 85% and DAE Playback Buffer at Level 2.
I tried changing all that but, it didn't make any difference. Restarted the computer and tried again.This time I was able to record the whole song but, during playback the same message keep appearing. Now if recording or playing back the system stops and I get that message.

I'm new with Pro Tools and don't know what to do.
Has anyone had this problem or can someone tell what to look at?

Thanks any advice would be appreciated!
Tom
Old 01-17-2006, 06:57 AM

Default Re: HELP ! System Freezing (9073)

Fought with it a long time. The I realized one of my plugins (sample tank) had not been updated after my switch to Tiger.

Downloaded the right version, installed it and have been trouble free ever since.

Hope this helps
Old 01-17-2006, 09:07 AM
Avid

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?
Old 01-17-2006, 09:09 AM
Avid

Also, what happens when you record and playback using the internal drive?
Old 01-17-2006, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the replies Dio and DigiTechSupt!

DigiTech I think I solved the problem. I opened up a new session with 16 tracks and loaded it with plugs,Verbs etc.Then I record enabled all the tracks while viewing the system usage meter and recorded. The system recorded all 16 tracks without a problem and no 9073 message. The system didn't flinch.I was recording to the external drive.

The problem was, the session I was working on when I got the 9073 message was generated by a Templete I created. This was the first time I used a templete and follow a training cd that I had.
The procedure on the cd was to open a new session ,name it My Templete and save it to your desktop.
Then it said click once on the desk top folder to open the templete and follow the procedure.But,I had to double click the folder and it duplicated the file.

When opening the new session I did select my external hard drive for the recording drive. But for some reason all the audio was recorded to the internal drive and not the external. So I had a folder on both drives for the session.I guess because the temeplete duplicated. So ,when I started to record the session the audio files went on the internal.I tried importing the audio from the internal drive to the external but it would not copying.Some of the files were bad.So I just trashed the folder on the internal drive.

Sorry for rambling on but I just wanted to explain the problem in case someone did the same thing I did.So Far SO Good !!

Thanks