Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Default Selecting in regions list doesn't select in edit window

I have grown accustomed to being able to select a region in the regions list, press the space bar, and hear that region being played back for me, while the selection in the edit window (i.e. where the tracks are) changes to the region just selected. This was always true in Protools LE 6.4.

Now that I have Protools 8, I find that this only works sometimes. As far as I can determine, it seems to work when I have dragged a region name from the regions list onto a track below the track in which the region was selected. But it seems never to work when I have not done this: even though I change the selection in the regions list, what gets played back is the most recently selected region instead.

(More precisely, it plays the last region for which this function worked; that is, suppose region A is selected in the regions list and pressing space bar leads it to be played: then no matter how many other regions I select, e.g., B, C, D, E, etc., A keeps being played instead of any of them until I press F (for example), a region whose name I have dragged onto another track, making a copy of the region there.)

The only thing I can see that might affect this is on Setups > Preferences > Edit, where both "Region List Selection Follows Edit Selection" and "Edit Selection Follows Region Selection" are checked. Given their names, these ought to provide exactly the functionality I want. But instead I get the behavior described just above.

Is there some other preference choice or configuration I should switch to?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Peyton