Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2002, 02:33 AM

Default Digi001 Factory worth extra money?

Hello all, I am going to buy a Digi001 soon, and I can't decide whether or not it would be worth the extra $400 to get the Digi001 Factory with all the fancy plugins. I would really appreciate it if anyone that has experience with these plugins could help give me an idea on how worthless or valuable these plugins actually are. Sorry, I know this question may be a little too open-ended, different people have different tastes, incomes, etc... I guess I'm just trying to figure out if people actually use any of the included plugins and are they important enough to justify the extra dough. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated...

Here's a list of the plugins that are included:

Bomb Factory's 1176 and LA-2A Classic Compressors, and the Moogerfooger low pass filter, Waves' Supertap delay, Metaflanger, and Q10 EQ, Native Instruments' Dynamo 001 Edition software synthesizer and sampler, Digidesign D-Fi sound design tools, D-Verb reverbs, and Maxim peak limiting and maximizing tool.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Digi001 Factory worth extra money?

Quite frankly, I'd opt for the standard package and spend the difference to get the Waves Native Power Pak and maybe a McDSP filterbank, analog channel, or compressorbank...or Realverb (although Waves Truverb comes with the NPP).

I've always said that the Waves NPP is one of the best bargains out there. The L1 itself is practically worth the money; add the Truverb, and you've got a real deal. The EQ and Compressor still get used a lot on my sessions. The new 3.5 versions also use less CPU.

I like the sound of the BF stuff, but it's pretty CPU heavy comparatively.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:01 PM

Thanks for your input LW. I ended up picking up a digi on ebay for $610, so I'll do some research and put the $600 I saved into plugins I know I'll actually use.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:31 PM

Check out Waves, BF & Metric Halo those ones make great stuff and you can d/l trials and then purchase them online they're worth it... (still 600$ [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] )