Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2020, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Black Friday Deal

No love on renewal. Also Avid “free” UVI falcon 2.08 still not working !
Old 11-24-2020, 08:02 AM

About 1/3 of my work is now in Logic. That's the way it came to me so I keep it there. It's just too time consuming to move files back and forth. Logic works great! And all of the upgrades have been free for 5 or 6 years.

I have two perpetual licenses for Pro Tools. One Ultimate and one regular. So for me it's $399 and $199 to stay current. I will also point out that many of my clients are locked at PT 10.3.10, and they are doing major TV shows! So what's in it for me? The upgrades have been nice, but Pro Tools is now working pretty smoothly. Could be a good time to let my plan expire. It's all working smoothly, and with Apple's chip migration coming up, I fear that things are about to get dicy and strange again...

What to do what to do...
Old 11-24-2020, 08:34 AM

sad no deals for renewal people, i still rememebr when they doubled the prices for perpetual people who want to stay current and of course removed reinstatements, they are indirectly trying to make perpetual a thing of the past by making things a bit too outrageous, but they can still say "perpetual is still an option!!!"
Old 11-24-2020, 09:18 AM

The deals were only like 360 for renewals anyways. So its not like they were trying to give a real deal.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
The deals were only like 360 for renewals anyways. So its not like they were trying to give a real deal.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Last couple of years the deal was 20% off, so $320.

AVID is clearly forcing all of us to go for subscription. After all, 1 year of Ultimate subscription is $800, double of $400 we have to pay now.

I won't migrate. And I hate AVID business as much as I love Pro Tools.

So this year they raised Pro Tools regular year price from $100 to $200. I have that for home session prep and didn't renew it. And I won't go into subscription either. Done. One license less.

Being using Pro Tools since 1998. Audiomedia, PT no bus, PT TDM, PT TDM 24, PT HD, PT HDX... Howe much more money do you want from me AVID?
Sorry for the rent.

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 11-24-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis View Post
Last couple of years the deal was 20% off, so $320.

AVID is clearly forcing all of us to go for subscription. After all, 1 year of Ultimate subscription is $800, double of $400 we have to pay now.

I won't migrate. And I hate AVID business as much as I love Pro Tools.

So this year they raised Pro Tools regular year price from $100 to $200. I have that for home session prep and didn't renew it. And I won't go into subscription either. Done. One license less.

Being using Pro Tools since 1998. Audiomedia, PT no bus, PT TDM, PT TDM 24, PT HD, PT HDX... Howe much more money do you want from me AVID?
Sorry for the rent.
its because they dont want flack for phasing "perpetual" out, so no blame. they can do it indirectly by literally making perpetual a worse option money wise, double your costs etc. and then "woops looks like our subscription was more popular and cheaper, looks like we'll ahve to get rid of perpetual because no demand!" hear me now, this is going to be what happens lol!
Old 11-24-2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post
its because they dont want flack for phasing "perpetual" out, so no blame. they can do it indirectly by literally making perpetual a worse option money wise, double your costs etc. and then "woops looks like our subscription was more popular and cheaper, looks like we'll ahve to get rid of perpetual because no demand!" hear me now, this is going to be what happens lol!
I really hope not. I really wish someone would make them see this is hurting us badly.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post

I’m afraid you are right. But, I will keep my license for now and pay 400 bucks. Let’s see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hackintosh, 3,7 GHz 10-Core Intel i9, 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4, OSX Catalina 10.15.7, PT HDX 2023.9.0, SSL 4040G+, tons of outboard

Mac Book M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, OSX 23.6, PT Studio 2023.9.0
Old 11-27-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
About 1/3 of my work is now in Logic. That's the way it came to me so I keep it there. It's just too time consuming to move files back and forth. Logic works great! And all of the upgrades have been free for 5 or 6 years.

I have two perpetual licenses for Pro Tools. One Ultimate and one regular. So for me it's $399 and $199 to stay current. I will also point out that many of my clients are locked at PT 10.3.10, and they are doing major TV shows! So what's in it for me? The upgrades have been nice, but Pro Tools is now working pretty smoothly. Could be a good time to let my plan expire. It's all working smoothly, and with Apple's chip migration coming up, I fear that things are about to get dicy and strange again...

What to do what to do...
Hey Steve, your clients are doing music for TV Shows using PT 10.3.10, or mixing dialogues effects?

thanks