Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2010, 06:19 PM

Default Tap tempo and involuntary time shifting with tempo changing

IM am getting very frustrated because sometimes it works right and sometimes it doesnt. What I need to do is beable to use the tap tempo function or the manual tempo function to match the correct tempo of say a loop.

The problem I keep having is when I change the tempo manually or via the tap tempo method it stretches my audio tempo too. I have tried importing the audio different ways. And sometimes it will allow me to adjust the tempo(thus moving the background grid independantly of effecting my audio in a any way.

What am I missing. I know the audio will come up with a little triangle looking icon in the top right hand corner once warp data has been applied to it,so when you change the tempo it will automatically time stretch it with the tempo. But I dont want this. But after I have the tempo matched I would then like to apply this so how Do I dont that seperately.

Sometimes I import a track and it will stretch with the tempo change and other times it doesnt. Then I had a loop I made via midi but then recorded a guitar part over it and wanted to change the tempo and have the guitar part time stretch automatically with it and it wouldnt.

And I know how to use the time stretch tool manually,but thats not what Im asking about here. I want to know how to be able to choose when to have a audio track stretch and when to not stretch with a manual tempo change or a tap tempo change of the entire session. Not a inserted tempo change in a part of the session.

And finally what the heck is the point and or usage on the beat conductor icon? Is that just used when you want to insert different tempo changes throughout the song?