Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 08-16-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Activation Code Error

I just purchased this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTHDsupp-e from Sweetwater. They immediately emailed my activation code. When I attempt to activate it on Avid.com, I get all the way to the screen where I have to pick Sweetwater as my reseller. After doing so, I then get an error that says "Sorry your product cannot be activated. Please check and make sure you entered it correctly or contact support." (that's paraphrased since I can't get the error to come up again).

When I go to My Products in my Avid.com account, the new products ARE there. But the license does not get sent to my ilok account, assumedly b/c of the above error.

If I try the activation process again, I'm now told that the code has already been used and can't be used again.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Activation Code Error

Sweetwater tech support is on the case - they have been super-responsive and helpful as always...
Old 08-17-2015, 06:28 PM

What a nightmare. For the price of this software you'd think I'd get better than this. The Sweetwater tech talked to Avid who said there are technical issues with transferring licenses to ilok right now. No timeframe was given on how long it will take to resolve. So they said they would give me a 90 day license for PT and insert my support code into my My Products. The support code was never added, and the license does not work. When I try and start up Pro Tools it takes me to the ilok activation splash screen and asks me to sign in (even though my ilok is connected to my computer with the 90 day license activated). Then when I sign in to ilok via PT startup, I get a message that says:

"You don't have any licenses in your account or none of the license(s) there have activations available. You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software. You may need to visit the Avid web site to get a license deposited to your account."

This is insane. I bought this software on Friday afternoon. Because I needed it to use on Saturday. It's now Monday night and I still can't open Pro Tools. Unbelievable.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpete111 View Post
I just purchased this http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PTHDsupp-e from Sweetwater. They immediately emailed my activation code. When I attempt to activate it on Avid.com, I get all the way to the screen where I have to pick Sweetwater as my reseller. After doing so, I then get an error that says "Sorry your product cannot be activated. Please check and make sure you entered it correctly or contact support." (that's paraphrased since I can't get the error to come up again).

When I go to My Products in my Avid.com account, the new products ARE there. But the license does not get sent to my ilok account, assumedly b/c of the above error.

If I try the activation process again, I'm now told that the code has already been used and can't be used again.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I had this same problem. It's a known problem with AVID actually as far as what the tech told me when I worked with Sweetwater and Avid on the phone today. They actually had to send me a temporary license until they get this sorted out. This is happening with a lot of the HD licenses I was told. I got a 90 day temp license until they get me the permanent license.. It came with PT 10 thru 12.1, but took several hours to be deposited. Had to push for more than the 30 day license that the lower level tech could authorize, but I have major work on a film coming, so could not do that. They were cool about it.. They just got a supervisor to OK it. Maybe this will clear up what Avid has not mentioned really to us prior to purchasing the product. I waiting for months to avoid issues, but I guess there are still some with HD. BTW> the Sweetwater guy Ben was VERY helpful and Julius with Avid was good as well. I tried email, but after 4 days of messing around with another tech, I called Sweetwater and they got right on this for me. I was really surprised with the good result. Very Professional and courteous! And NO.. I don't work for any of them. .LOL. Just wanted to mention this FYI..
REGARDS, G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 08-17-2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: more to add.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Very sorry for the trouble. I found the support case with Sweetwater about this and it looks like we didn't deposit the full bundle, so I just added that. Please activate the Pro Tools 10/11/12 bundle to your iLok2 and reply back if still having trouble.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:56 PM

Hey Gregory, so your temp license is working ok? Per my 3rd post, I'm still dead I'm the water and can't get PT to start - it just brings me to an ilok activation screen which then gives me the above error.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Very sorry for the trouble. I found the support case with Sweetwater about this and it looks like we didn't deposit the full bundle, so I just added that. Please activate the Pro Tools 10/11/12 bundle to your iLok2 and reply back if still having trouble.
Hi Jeffro - wow I can't believe you all respond at this time of the evening! That's great!

Thank you very much for your help, that fixed my issue! I can now open PT. If I would have known you all had such great response here on this forum I would have posted this earlier this afternoon when I started having the trouble!

I'm up and running now which is great. Any idea how long this issue with permanent transfer will take to resolve?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpete111 View Post
Hi Jeffro - wow I can't believe you all respond at this time of the evening! That's great!

Thank you very much for your help, that fixed my issue! I can now open PT. If I would have known you all had such great response here on this forum I would have posted this earlier this afternoon when I started having the trouble!

I'm up and running now which is great. Any idea how long this issue with permanent transfer will take to resolve?
Glad that helped! Will try to find out status on this issue and report back.