How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-14-2020, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Setting up Cue Mixes with Persist Sends during LLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey MTC View Post
If you're not using a machine room, I'd be keen to hear if the fans on he HDX card give you grief.
I just installed the HDX card to test things out.
And you said it: That thing is loud!
If I keep it, definitely have to get my Mac Pro out of the room.

For the other part, it indeed does seem to work a lot better than HDN. The 'no latency' monitor mixes I had set up now finally work as expected.

It's doing what the HDN was advertised to do for me, but never did.

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to keep it, though. I don't really need the DSP. It's kind of an expensive solution to just fix my monitor mix problem, which is HDN's failure. In fact, I still think Avid should fix this problem, because it also occurs with the TB version of HDN they're still selling to people!
Old 05-27-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
My problem is that I get double signals, sometimes the signal cuts out, sometimes I get a latent signal, etc. Seems to happen when I enable 'Persist Sends during LLM' to feed a Reverb aux off the track I'm (LLM) Input-Monitoring. It's also completely random. Sometimes it works for a brief period, and then stops again. Sometimes the signal cuts out altogether until I restart Pro Tools.
So, I now know what you've been talking about the whole time. I replied earlier in the thread saying the LLM works fine for me on my native system, but that was before I had tried the "allow sends to persist in LLM" option. I'm now getting into some scenarios where I'd like to be able to overdub into sessions with a few plugins going and I'm coming up against this same wall of PT bugs. Have you heard anything back from AVID on this? LLM is just not working as advertised for me either and it's a total bummer.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwolf View Post
So, I now know what you've been talking about the whole time. I replied earlier in the thread saying the LLM works fine for me on my native system, but that was before I had tried the "allow sends to persist in LLM" option. I'm now getting into some scenarios where I'd like to be able to overdub into sessions with a few plugins going and I'm coming up against this same wall of PT bugs. Have you heard anything back from AVID on this? LLM is just not working as advertised for me either and it's a total bummer.
No, I've given up. They can't fix it. They probably even don't understand the problem themselves.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:16 PM

Bummer, but I certainly understand your frustration as you’ve put so much time into getting to work to no avail. And now I share your frustration and have to settle for a workaround compromise. So close, yet no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2020, 02:14 PM

Well, I've been 'close' for years, but eventually gave up.
It's indeed extremely frustrating and more than that!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:55 AM

Exact same situation here.
As soon as I enable LLM for sends, I get a double signal.
Re-starting the computer will sometimes fix the issue for a short time.
I have been in touch with support and it seems that no matter how hard I try to explain the situation, they just don't understand and they say that it's how it's designed but that's simply not the case. It's a bug that needs to be addressed.

Not sure how to proceed at this point.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:19 AM

I kust want to let you know that LLM is still not working as advertised.
When i engage „Allow sends to persist“ then it works on and off, sometimes giving me a double signal, sometimes not.
When i disengage „Allow sends to persist“ then my record enabled track plays ahead of everything else (around 2000 samples ) making it impossible to overdub.

Btw i don‘t use HDX or HDN, just plain PT Ultimate (2021.3) with UAD Apollo and direct monitoring with Apollo Console.

I really hope Avid fixes LLM soon for both scenarios (HDN and non Avid Interface)

I‘m also surprised that people get satisfying results monitoring through the DAW without a HDX card. For me i hear it combfiltering in my Headphones even at 64 buffer. Maybe a RME Interface with better drivers than Apollo would work?
Old 06-17-2021, 02:04 PM

I also got the doubling effect so I gave up on LLM years ago. Truthfully, I don't care as I have no issues doing multiple headphone mixes out of my sessions running at the 64 buffer setting(HDN with HD and 192 IO with up to 40 live inputs). The concept sounds great on paper, but since it never worked for me, I just moved on to what does work

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave