Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2012, 12:32 PM

Default Video Satellite gone squirly

MacPro 8Core 2.26, 12G RAM, OS 10.6.6, PT10.2 HD2 Accel w/3x192IO and Sync

Mac Mini 2.53Duo, 4G RAM, OS 10.6.6, PT9.0.2 w/Video Satellite Option

Mini is connected via CAT5 to MacPro

Out of nowhere this morning, this otherwise fully functional setup has been giving me a "Failed to Connect" error every time I try to link the 2 systems via peripherals>satellites menu.

I've rebooted both machines, trashed prefs and rebooted, double checked the TCP/UDC ports all match, Satellite Mode Enabled on the Satellite end, swapped out the CAT5 cable.

The Mini shows up as an option in the "System 2" drop down menu on the MacPro rig, so I know they see each other.

Prior to the "Failed to Connect" message I was having 2 problems (when it was connected):

1) Playback off the Mini is consistently off by exactly 3s 14fr (23.98fps Timecode). Video file in my MacPro session is at 1 hour exactly. Video file in the Mini session is at 1 hour exactly. Lock the machines, hit Play on the MacPro...both videos play, but the Mini is running 3:14 later than the Pro.

2) Lots of "Mac Mini local was disconnected by a network error. Reconnect?" errors during playback. Have to reconnect every few minutes. Sometimes it works sometimes not.

This system was perfectly stable a week ago. Not sure what is going on.

Any help much appreciated.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Video Satellite gone squirly

Double check the Video frame rates match on both machines' Session setup.

I recently trashed prefs on the Satellite machine and the frame rate reset to 24 from 23.98 and it resulted in similar phenomena.

Good luck