Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-23-2005, 06:14 PM

Default No midi playback?! protools 7

Hey, i'm running pro tools 7 through my mbox2 with an oxygen 8 controller. i made an instrument track and used the reason plug in to choose the instrument. i get a signal and i can hear the sound from the keyboard. i armed the track and recorded. i can see that the information was recorded onto the track but when i press play nothing is played back.

am i missing something here? do i need to change some setting in reason or PT? I figured if i could hear it and get the recorded signal into pt it was probably all good. guess not.

thanks in advance!

ps. i can hear playback when i record guitar tracks
Old 11-23-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: No midi playback?! protools 7

Check to see if you have clicked MIDI Thur. Have you set up your tracks correctly MIDI AUX Reason inserted in AUX and that the MIDI Output Channels are correct.

Hope this Helps

filosofem

Old 11-23-2005, 07:32 PM

to answer your questions... yes midi thru is clicked. in regards to your suggestions about aux etc. i was under the impression that the addition of instrument tracks in pt7 took away the need for the connection of a midi and aux track.

but in general i'm very new to this. would you mind explaining what a propper connection would be (just a simple channel setting step by step) i would really appreciate it.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 PM

Potato-
I am not finiliar w/your controller, but on you MIDI track in pro tools, is the output of you MIDI channel pointed at the Item and channel you are using? If you are using a Subtractor in reason, the output would be pointed to subtractor1 or 2 etc.. or whatever instrument you are using. The area I am talking about is the button under the input, which is track output I believe. Hope this helps.

nate