Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-10-2006, 04:53 AM

Default Track can\'t be record-enabled

I'm a few days into owning PT/Mbox2 & following manual on "Basic Recording." I'm creating a mono track as instructed & trying to select an input in the mix window. Problem is: the input button has "no input" selected & no other options (interface, bus, etc) are active/they're all grayed out? When I press the record btn, I'm told the track can't be record-enabled because it doesn't have both an active input and output assigned.

Ironically, I created a STEREO track & the options are there, & it record-enables. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing on these mono tracks?

(ps. I tried posting this last night, & thought I did, searches revealed my post isn't out here, if anyone sees it, let me know).
Old 02-10-2006, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Track can\'t be record-enabled

You need to check your I/O setup and make sure that you are able to select the individual input as an option. It sounds like you have it set up for the stereo pair as an input, but no option for just the one input. In that case you would create a new sub path on the input tab as mono and select the proper input. (pressing the default button might be an option as well)

There's a brief bit about configuring I/O on Page 17 of the Getting Started Guide
and more detail in Chapter 7 page 69 of the Reference Guide.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 02-11-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Track can\'t be record-enabled

You were correct, thank you. I set up some Mono sub-paths & that worked! It's odd that my brand-new "Default settings" didn't include mono In's? I'm still not sure if what I did was "correct" but it is working, so it's gotta' be right, right?