Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Any cool Loop Library recommendations?

Hey guys, so ten years after the fact I'm getting back into loop libraries... okay I'm slow.. so i go down to my local Guitar Center- 1st mistake) and along with the 002r I ask them about good loop library discs. They suggest this series called Pro session from M-audio....
Never have i heard such a selection of lame half assed cheezy loops in my life... utter garbage. Yeah they were cheap- $40- so I guess you get what you pay for!!!
So what's out there.. any good resources?
I tend to like jazzy/groove/vintage/electronic loops
thanks
SD
Old 07-07-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Any cool Loop Library recommendations?

It is kind of amazing how clueless the majority of big chain music store employees really are. But then you have to keep in mind that they don't pay them squat. So no wonder...

My all time favorite loop library is Liquid Grooves. Lots of real drum loops mixed with exotic percussion and odd rhythmic sound effects. The loops are layered individually so you can pull out certain elements of the loops and stack them as you wish. The drums tend to be smaller and tight sounding (i.e. - picolo snares and twenty inch kicks) and the grooves are very funky. It's produced by Spectrasonics, and they are honestly one of the best companies around for this kind of thing. Damn near everything that they do is awesome.

-cheers
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 07-07-2004, 04:13 PM

I really like these guys:

http://www.betamonkeymusic.com

Good quality stuff at a decent price.

-cliff
Old 07-07-2004, 04:21 PM

www.soundsonline.com

You can demo sounds from just about any library ever made. If you have Reason, there are tons of Refills with grooves (E-Lab makes interesting stuff) and electronic sounds and multi-instrument sampler patches. The M-Audio stuff isn't so bad, imo, you just have to be selective about which collection to get. For every 5 mediocre sounding loop/sample library, there's usually 1 pretty good one.

As for Spectrasonics...
Their libraries are just too perfect and over-processed sounding, they scream 'Spectrasonics'. For a TV job with a "need it yesterday" deadline, I would absolutely use them if needed, but for my own personal work, never.