Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 02-03-2022, 01:07 AM

Default Problem with automation window

Hey there, I've been having this weird problem for a while now and I still can't find a solution, hope you can help.

So I am using a non-ultimate version of pro tools (2021.10) and I have found a good way to have kind of "automation preview".
I suspend all automation in the automation window, then changing eq until it seems fit. Then copy it, enable automation again and write.

So the problem is, the suspend doesn't work for some channels. So if I press "suspend", then change a parameter, it just stays like that even when the automation enabled. As if it was "read" mode.

This has been going on also in pt 2021.3 for me and it's quite frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks in advance.

[Mac mini 2020 m1, 16gb ram 1tb ssd.
PT 2021.10]
Old 02-03-2022, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Problem with automation window

If there are no breakpoints on any of the automation lanes, often called "virgin territory" if I remember correctly, there is no setting to snap back to when Automation is re-engaged. I'm not totally sure of the automation capabilities in standard, but in Ultimate, I would highlight across all of the tracks then "write to all enabled" in a section before or after the song, in an empty section of the timeline, to "lock in" my starting settings. In Standard, maybe you could put everything in "Write" and write automation across all the tracks for a short segment before or after the song, before starting your "faux" preview technique.