Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 12:49 PM

Default DIGI 002 & Windows XP- PLEASE HELP

hey wats happenin everyone?

im new to this forum, first of all i would just like to say hello to everyone and to say how good it is to see a forum like this were everyone is helping each other.

i am here because i currently own:

digi 002
windows xp professional
pro tools 6.4

and the computer im using is a:

intel pentium 4
2.8 ghz
2 gig DDR Ram
200 gig hard disk and im running windows xp.

im experiencing the same problems as many other people, with the whole h/w buffer size and cpu usage limit error situation.

i always disable norton anti virus while using pro tools and ive been to musicxp.net to get rid of some things i don't need on windows to get it running a bit faster.

if i was to get a 2nd hard drive, would this maybe solve the problem of the cpu usage limit problem?

before i was only using 1 gig ddr ram and a friend of mine had told me if i had more ram i wouldn't of experienced those same errors, so i trusted what he had said and bought another gig of ram but i still have those problems.

i make my beats on the mpc so i like to have each sound going through its own track through pro tools, last time i checked i had one session with at least 15 tracks and maybe 6 plug ins and it kept coming up with the h/w buffer size error when id try to playback the session.

i mainly use waves diamond plug ins usually and thats when i experience the problem with H/W Buffer Size, im going to try opening a aux track and having it with a reverb plug in so i can route the tracks that i want to have reverb straight to that instead of having reverb on each track for an example... so then i have more space for plug ins for other tracks

if youcan get back to me with some information on how to get my computer running smoothly with pro tools its much appreciated.

thankyou
Old 02-19-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: DIGI 002 & Windows XP- PLEASE HELP

I am fairly new to protools..However I can tell you that sweetwater told me when they built my PC that you really need a second drive dedicated to audio in order for your system to perform properly. They also told me to get 1.5 gig ram. I have NO problems and have loaded it up several times. You can see my system below. Just about everyone will tell you they have at least 2 drives and some have 3 (one additional for backup).

If you think about it you are recording to the main system drive and no matter how big the drive is means nothing if it is working on everything. Hope this helps.

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent