Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 04-06-2008, 05:36 PM

Default reverse reverb effect

how do i do the reverse reverb effect a la whole lotta love. on my current project there is a guitar solo and i'm trying to get that reverse reverb thing into the first note of the solo. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Default Re: reverse reverb effect

One way is to buss the reverb to an audio track and record it, then reverse it(Audiosuite plugin). Maybe a better way is to copy the guitar track section you want, reverse it and feed the reverb from that. Use your imagination here as you can likely do almost anything in digital land.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-07-2008, 12:19 PM

i tried bussing the guitar to another track with reverb on it. i reversed it but it wasn't really leading into it properly. it didn't sound fluid at all. it sounded like reverse reverb followed by a completely seperate note. there was no continuity between the two.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:33 PM

Try the method in my tutorial.

Just remember that adjustments may be necessary. If the note doesn't "flow" then just move the reverse region until it does.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-12-2008, 01:50 PM

I find you have to do it almost the same as with Tape minus the flipping the tape over.
Just take what ever track you are putting the effect on and reverse it so that the very 1st note becomes the very last note, Buss your reverb to an Audio track and record the reverb that is produced from the last note. Flip your Guitar/Vocal etc. track back to normal and reverse the reverb track and place it before the guitar/vocal track comes in. You might have to adjust the exact point where the 2 tracks will meet but that's the basic Idea.