Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 03-31-2015, 02:53 PM

Default can't get presonus to link with 11 on OSX mavericks

I haven't been doing VO for a while and thus not using PT. I had to open PT for a VO session. I lost my input from my persons Firestudio. I have never had this happen and I am getting lost trouble shooting.

Here is what I can give you.

When I went into PT 11 hardware setup, the only device I could use was a program call voilia. I went into Mac OSX mavericks audio settings and have the fire studio as my in and output. I get my computer audio through my monitors hooked up to my fire studio. When I go into utilities>audio/midi, I can see the fire studio. I also see voila, but I can't remove it. I used app cleaner to remove voila from my system. I also restarted my Mac. The persons universal control is also working fine. I just can't get audio into PT. And yes, I did arm the tracks.

Any suggestions? Should I reload PT 11. I can go up to the latest version.

Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 PM

Default Re: can't get presonus to link with 11 on OSX mavericks

Well you are lookign everywhere except where it matters.

The place to start is to make sure the FireStudio is selected as the playback Engine in Pro Tools (Setup>Playback Engine).

If it is not showing up in the Playback Engine pulldown menu as an option you have more serious problems. Try rebooting the computer.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:10 PM

Default Re: can't get presonus to link with 11 on OSX mavericks

Thank you. I was trying to jog my memory, but I have to get something to a client ASAP.