Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-09-2003, 06:51 AM

Default Realtime Automation and Updating

Hi,
I am sure this must have come up somewhere on the DUC but I can't find it via the search engine. Sorry, if I'm being redundant.
I would like to know if it is possible to do my final mix and record all of the fader moves using just a mouse.
Then, I would like to be able to update my automated mix with any changes I'd like to add.
Also, if you want to keep the mix in 24bit as long as possible, what is the best way to bounce the mix down?
Thanks for all your help in advance!!
Busterman
Old 07-09-2003, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Realtime Automation and Updating

Oops! Sorry for posting this twice! I couldn't find my previous post and I though it never posted.

I'm really not an idiot, thought I play one on TV.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I would like to know if it is possible to do my final mix and record all of the fader moves using just a mouse.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I would recommend trying this if for no other reason than to realize how great it is to have a control surface when you are finally able to get your hands on one.

Brian Porick
Old 07-09-2003, 07:31 AM

You can do everything in Pro Tools using just a mouse and keyboard.

Although you can do simultaneous things with a control surface. Like do fader moves on three tracks at once.

Some people actually prefer using just a mouse. I, coming from the analog world, do prefer a control surface.

As far as converting to 16 bits there are many different ways to do it. I have an Apogee PSX-100 so I do my bounces out of Pro Tools into the Apogee and dither it to 16 bit there and record it to a second computer.

Otherwise you can just put a Dither Plugin on your master fader and use "Bounce To Disc"