Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Default "unknown exception" when rendering/analyzing

as the title implies i keep getting an "unkown exception" on track 2 of the 8 tracks when analyzing/rendering after recording. im using a profire 2626. have 2 sata drives one dedicated to only media. The song im recording is 7 mins long. I can open the wav file with soundforge after (takes about 5 mins.) and certain parts of the file are missing.

the odd thing is that im starting the recording 30 sec. into the project to leave room for some guitar intro stuff, its when i do this that it happens. when i start from the beginning of the project, its fine and everything renders ok.

is anyone else having this problem??

another odd thing is that i rebooted my computer and re recorded the song and it happened on the same exact track (input 2/track 2). I've recorded with out any problems other than this.

i am very happy with PTMP (im an ex 6 year sonar user) It just seems to be happening when i leave a space at the beginning (which i know i can do after)
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: "unknown exception" when rendering/analyzing

Can you give us the entire text of the error message? Have you tried and of the General Troubleshooting steps?

Can you give us more info on your system as well? The Help Us Help You thread has details on what we need to know...