Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-24-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Very basic recording Reason In PT question

This is such a stupid question I'm embarrased, but any help will really be appreciated.

I am have yet to get Pro Tools to record reason audio, I only started mixing the two a few months ago. I can sucessfully rewire reason from pro tools, create tons of midi tracks and write songs that play in reason. The audio does come back into my Pro Tools audio track I set up for reason, and the meter does move when I play the audio, but as soon as I arm it to record the audio does not come through? I know there is one simple little thing I am missing but I have no clue what it is. SOmeone please help...
Old 02-24-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Very basic recording Reason In PT question

try this: set up a new audio track, route the output of your reason track to any bus you like, set the input of your new audio track to that bus, and you can record the output of your reason to the new track.

I can come up more detailed if this is too short for you

Achim
Old 02-24-2005, 02:25 AM

Thanks for the tip, that worked. Is this the way it is done correctly? or is this a workaround?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:02 AM

yes this is the way you do it correctly
Old 02-24-2005, 04:01 AM

Quote:
This is such a stupid question I'm embarrased, but any help will really be appreciated.

I am have yet to get Pro Tools to record reason audio, I only started mixing the two a few months ago. I can sucessfully rewire reason from pro tools, create tons of midi tracks and write songs that play in reason. The audio does come back into my Pro Tools audio track I set up for reason, and the meter does move when I play the audio, but as soon as I arm it to record the audio does not come through? I know there is one simple little thing I am missing but I have no clue what it is. SOmeone please help...
An even easier method for your application is to bus your audio track to itself instead of to another audio track. Set up a send on your Reason audio track to bus 1&2(or what ever you want) and set the input on the same track to 1&2. Now hit 'record' and it will record on that very track.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit