Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Question Access violation error message

I am new to ProTools LE 8. I just bought the software and installed it. Now the installation instructions tell me to launch the PT software and authorize it, only problem is when the software starts to load all of its plug-ins the process stops on AutoTune.dpm and displays this message.

"Could not complete your request because Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0D,215,A4F at address: 0x75,475,74D in module: MSVCR80.dll"

As I'm sure some of you know, just by reading some of these threads that now the process will not continue and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the launch process. Can somebody give me any suggestions on what to do, I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling PT. Thanks a lot.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Access violation error message

First of all trash prefs and digi database.

No offense but....Do you have a legal version of your AT? Access Violation often occurs with... cracked plugins.

Also your can try to uninstall you AT and REMOVE all that is related with it, sometimes the uninstaller doesn't remove the .dpm in the plugin folder.It takes time but you'll have to reboot at every step.Then install AT.
DIY Intel Core 2 Quad, P5B Premium,DDR2 6GB, Win 7 Ultimate.
PTLE 8.0.4
002R Unit and MBox Mini
SSL XLogic Alpha Channel.
SPL Goldmike valve Preamp.
DBX Analog Compressors, Gate and Eq.
Monster Cables
Home made & Neutrik Patchbay.
Brauner, Shure, Seinnheiser and T.Bone mikes.
Tannoy 8D Active monitors.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Access Violation often occurs with... cracked plugins
nope. access violation occurs with plenty of legit plugs.

if i added more than 6 mcdsp AC1 i got access violation on PT8 but none with ac2. none on 7.4.

if i use ml4000 1 ive no problems. if i use multiband i get access violations.

if i add a csr reverb on 8 i get it. not on 7.4

hell, i even get access violations if i open project browser at the wrong time.

i think people really need to stop claiming access violations are because of cracked plugs. they're not. they may happen when cracked plugs are involved but they happen with legit plugs all the time aswell.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Well thank you guys I just got it loaded up and authorized. Yes, I do own the legal copy of AT. All I had to do to get it going was to go into the PT folder on my C: Drive, locate the AutoTune.dpm and delete both of the files in there. I just hope now that that isn't going to screw with any of the inner workings of the PT later on down the road. Now I guess my question would be how do I reinstall the AT and plug it into my PT?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Which version of AT?
Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM

All I know about it is that it is Auto-Tune EFX.

Another question.

I've got Windows Vista and with my previous Pre-Sonus equipment my interface came up in my computers audio/recording devices. When I open up my recording devices should i see the mbox in there?