Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Mac OS X \'Tiger\' compatibility information.

Quote:
Just chill everyone. Youll have an update soon enough.
I think It's about time everybody knew that this dude actually has a working PT system. He is a little bit spoilt and his judgements on all of us who cannot use our new gear is clouded and selfish.

I will not chill out brother. Cause yeah yeah yeah, Do wop, yeah yeah Oh Baby, I wanna pro tooools it up yeah wooohoooo!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:27 PM

The only thing I'm more eagerly awaiting than the Tiger-compatible update is an accompanying post from Digi that says, "Here's your update, now shut up you füçking babies."
M-Audio Audiophile 192
PT M-Powered 6.8/7.0
Old 06-15-2005, 11:48 PM

anger, anger!

Holy crap dude, go and have a beer, a valium and then join an anger management class! Whatever happened to being able to express your views freely? If we have issues with compatability for Mac OS X and PT LE I think we have to right to post them here in this very thread. If you don't like the fact that people are upset that they cannot use PT becuase of this pending update then go away. No one is forcing you to read! For God's sakes, I bet you are a happay Panther user too! Come back and read this thread when the update is here. Cause we ain't leaving till it arrives!

Love and Kisses from the sandwich! (the trapped pre-installed Tiger prisoner)

ha ha ha !!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:51 AM

Don't worry, bro. There's no anger over here. (hence the ) I'm as anxious to get PT running on Tiger as everyone else is, but since I just bought a G5, and the update is not available yet, I have indeed used an external drive with Panther on it to be able to keep recording for now. I don't drink or do drugs, so the beer and valium are out, but a sandwich sounds pretty good right now! Good things come to those who wait...
M-Audio Audiophile 192
PT M-Powered 6.8/7.0
Old 06-16-2005, 10:35 AM

Its fine to express your views freely. At this point though, I'd say all of our comments are just redundant re-affirmations of the same tired view points. I think people shouldve checked compatibility, at least then you would've known not to buy a new mac and pro-tools if it was going to cause you this much strife to be without it for two months. You think im an [bleep] whos just rubbing it in your face that I was smart enough to plan the purchase of my mac as to avoid the new G5s just so I could continue to use protools. These two polar opposite points of view could get thrown back and forth on this forum for the next decade and be of no use to anyone. The fact is that Digi will release LE for Tiger when they are ready to and the day it comes we will all forget that this thread ever existed and go about our lives like the last two months didnt even happen.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:49 AM

this thread is soooo long and pointless.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:56 AM

I actually enjoy reading this thread, redundant as it may be. It's good knowing that at least there are some other people out there going through the same dreadful thing as I am. In some small way, it makes me feel a little better about my giant 002-shaped paperweight. It's probably the best thing about this particular thread, for it's clearly not it's informational value. It's amusing and hell, at least it's something to do.

I just can't wait to start recording again! (as I'm sure all of you guys are too). It's amazing how much of this wasted energy could be used to record music. Until that glorious day, this thread shall live on!

I'm writing a new jazz instrumental piece now called "The Silent Tiger." You are listening to a sample of it right now.

Peace!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
anger, anger!

Holy crap dude, go and have a beer, a valium and then join an anger management class! Whatever happened to being able to express your views freely? If we have issues with compatability for Mac OS X and PT LE I think we have to right to post them here in this very thread. If you don't like the fact that people are upset that they cannot use PT becuase of this pending update then go away. No one is forcing you to read! For God's sakes, I bet you are a happay Panther user too! Come back and read this thread when the update is here. Cause we ain't leaving till it arrives!

ha ha ha !!
Right there! Thats one good thing about digi. they let us have this forum so we can let off steam! Yes its true... this thread is very long, and the same thing is repeated over and over. But trapped pre-installed Tiger prisoners like us need to get it out somewere! My house mates are sick of hearing about it... I cannot call Digi everyday! But I come to the site to check if the upgrade might just be there.....so I also come to this discussion were I can talk to people who are in the same fix. It helps to know that I'm not the only one. So all you people who are running PT LE on panther, just let us do our complaining. It helps us get over this waiting time. Yes this thread is long and tedious... but so is the waiting, and not being able to work. I come back here daily because I'm even starting to enjoy this discussion! I'ts therapy... keeps me from slipping into depression.. getting stoned or pissed!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:09 PM

Quote:
anger, anger!

ha ha ha !!
Right there! Thats one good thing about digi. they let us have this forum so we can let off steam! Yes its true... this thread is very long, and the same thing is repeated over and over. But trapped pre-installed Tiger prisoners like us need to get it out somewere! My house mates are sick of hearing about it... I cannot call Digi everyday! But I come to the site to check if the upgrade might just be there.....so I also come to this discussion were I can talk to people who are in the same fix. It helps to know that I'm not the only one. So all you people who are running PT LE on panther, just let us do our complaining. It helps us get over this waiting time. Yes this thread is long and tedious... but so is the waiting, and not being able to work. I come back here daily because I'm even starting to enjoy this discussion! I'ts therapy... keeps me from slipping into depression.. getting stoned or pissed!
Old 06-16-2005, 12:27 PM

yeah, cyberpiper, that's what I'm talkin 'bout... Perhaps we can present our plight on Oprah.

"The future will be better tomorrow."
- Dan Quayle
Closed Thread