Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-20-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 6.9 Updates

hey digitech is a minimac tricked out good for the mboxptle cuz this computer [bleep] is [bleep] annoying so im gonna go w/ a mac.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:02 PM

Quote:
6.9 Totally Killed My machine!!!!

Interestingly enough on a machine i'm running OS X Tiger on, 6.9 boots up and opens files but won't qualify any drive internal or external at sutable for playback or recording - even if i turn off journaling.
Here's what you do to fix that. Install the original 6.7 disc over 6.9, you'll then have both 6.7 and 6.9 on the ProTools folder. What you'll notice then after doing this is that your primary HD will be recognized by 6.9 as an audio volume in Tiger, even with journaling on.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Avid

Prince Pablo - Have you tried repairing permissions on your drive? If not, please do so - you should then be able to open the Workspace (Windows>Show Workspace) in Pro Tools and change your drives to 'R' (for record) under the 'A' (for Audio) column.

Please let us know if that fixes your problem.

As an aside, when you uninstalled Pro Tools, did you use the uninstaller that's integrated in the downloaded installer or did you just drag items to the trash?
Old 04-21-2005, 12:04 PM

I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9 and have ProTools 6.7 installed on my computer with a Digi 002. I've downloaded the ProTools 6.9 upgrade several times but it keeps giving me error message when I try to open the installer "No mountable file systems found." Other .dmg installers open just fine. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong? Is it a corrupt copy of the upgrade?

Secondly, are there problems with ProTools 6.9 on Mac OS 10.3.9? It seems that some people are having trouble with it and now I'm a little worried about installing it over my 6.7.

Thanks for your help and advice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ray
Old 04-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Avid

RayUSA - it sounds like the download is being corrupted somehow. Are you on a broadband connection or is this possibly dialup? If you're using dialup, it's very likely that the download will be corrupted.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9 and have ProTools 6.7 installed on my computer with a Digi 002. I've downloaded the ProTools 6.9 upgrade several times but it keeps giving me error message when I try to open the installer "No mountable file systems found." Other .dmg installers open just fine. Anyone have any ideas what's wrong? Is it a corrupt copy of the upgrade?

Secondly, are there problems with ProTools 6.9 on Mac OS 10.3.9? It seems that some people are having trouble with it and now I'm a little worried about installing it over my 6.7.

Thanks for your help and advice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Ray
Ray, my first download gave me that same result, so I downloaded it a second time and it failed download at about 92% complete.
The third download completed without a problem and gave me a working .dmg.

Try downloading it again.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Prince Pablo - Have you tried repairing permissions on your drive? If not, please do so - you should then be able to open the Workspace (Windows>Show Workspace) in Pro Tools and change your drives to 'R' (for record) under the 'A' (for Audio) column.

Please let us know if that fixes your problem.

As an aside, when you uninstalled Pro Tools, did you use the uninstaller that's integrated in the downloaded installer or did you just drag items to the trash?
Yeah I'm a tech support guy so I totally did the whole repair permissions, trash pref files etc. And I did use the uninstaller.

In tiger i did try the whole workspace thing to no avail but I will try that thing that was previously posted about double installing- sounds interesting. Tiger is very cool!

Old 04-21-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 6.9 Update

OK, I'm back! Well first of all thanks for all your help! I finally got the ProTools 6.9 update to download successfully, giving me a working .dmg installer. So I went through the installation process and started up ProTools 6.9. And now... ProTools is acting funny!! It keeps saying "Unable to locate Digidesign hardware" even though everything was working fine on 6.7. Is this a compatibility issue with Mac OS X 10.3.9?? Please help!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:38 PM

Quote:
OK, I'm back! Well first of all thanks for all your help! I finally got the ProTools 6.9 update to download successfully, giving me a working .dmg installer. So I went through the installation process and started up ProTools 6.9. And now... ProTools is acting funny!! It keeps saying "Unable to locate Digidesign hardware" even though everything was working fine on 6.7. Is this a compatibility issue with Mac OS X 10.3.9?? Please help!
Yeah 6.9 is unsupported! Mine crashes completely!
Old 04-21-2005, 02:57 PM

DOH!! First adopter blues! If I could start ProTools, I would record a song about that... Are there going to be any fixes soon or will installing the new Mac OS X Tiger help? Anyone?