Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2002, 11:02 PM

Default Need drums to go with guitar

Hi l'm a guitarist who is recording stuff on his computer through pro tools free and l need some drums to go with it.

l have some really cool drum loops which came with guitar tracks in a program called drag and drop drummer. These loops are quantitised and l simply loop them over and they are really good quality.

However these loops are fixed 100,105,110 BPM and l want to do stuff a bit slower and changed them around abit.

So thus my delima is how do l get decent sounding drums?

l have used fruity loops, rebirth, Drumstation, biodrummer and a few others and always get very crappy results way to mechanical and straight, they sound like a machine surprise surprise. so basically wanting to know if it is posible to get real sounding drums through any program at all.

really apprecaite any help on this cause l'm feeling very limited.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Need drums to go with guitar

I use and like pcdrummer. You can download a free demo at www.pcdrummer.com .

geetarbill
Old 06-06-2002, 08:11 AM

Just a hint...

Sound fonts are wonderful things! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2002, 09:08 PM

i've gotten some realistic, non-mechanical drum tracks by sequencing in acid pro. just take loops with good sounding drums and edit them. you can use seperate tracks for each drum and offset some hits to give a more "HUMAN" feel to them. i've also used acid pro to lay down samples to run along side of live tracks to give a little more umph to the sound. its worth the effort that it takes.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:27 AM

I like Propellerheads Reason software a lot. Granted, it's a lot more than drums, but a good program to have all around, no matter what style of music you're writing & recording. The Redrum interface is a lot like an 808-style drum machine - it's great.