Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-17-2015, 04:20 PM

Default Artist Transport and Eucon 3.2.2 Crashes PT11.3.1

I just finally accepted the upgrade from Mountain Lion to Yosemite and uploaded all drivers and firmware accordingly. Everything appears to work until I select jog or shuttle on the artist transport, the soft key buttons don't light up, Pro-tools freezes apart from zoom horizontal that sends the jog bar going and allows you to scroll back n forth with the wheel but without sound and function. Once you have hit the buttons you can't go back and need to restart.

Any ideas / help would be much appreciated?

PS I tried going back to Eucon 3.1 but now not recognised by Yosemite. I tried re setting the soft options on the soft keys and wheels...no joy.

So do I need to wipe and go back to Mountain Lion and start all over again ? I hope not.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Artist Transport and Eucon 3.2.2 Crashes PT11.3.1

i just installed 3.2.2 on ysoemite 10.10.4 (my testing drive) and all functions seem to work pretty well here - Scrolling and Jogging ..

.. mind you something is odd with my settings .. i took the ProTools 11 mac setup out of my main Mavericks Drive and placed it in the same folder on the Yosemite Drive .. the settings are there in the folder but you cannot import or export them properly from within EuCon Settings ..

Does your function like this as well ???

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 07-18-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siann1 View Post
I just finally accepted the upgrade from Mountain Lion to Yosemite and uploaded all drivers and firmware accordingly. Everything appears to work until I select jog or shuttle on the artist transport, the soft key buttons don't light up, Pro-tools freezes apart from zoom horizontal that sends the jog bar going and allows you to scroll back n forth with the wheel but without sound and function. Once you have hit the buttons you can't go back and need to restart.

Any ideas / help would be much appreciated?

PS I tried going back to Eucon 3.1 but now not recognised by Yosemite. I tried re setting the soft options on the soft keys and wheels...no joy.

So do I need to wipe and go back to Mountain Lion and start all over again ? I hope not.
I don't know if this helps, but I am running Artist Control and Artist Mix with no problems on 10.10.4 albeit on Pro Tools 12.1 .. Maybe you will need to upgrade to 12 for it to function properly, but I doubt that really ... It may be worth reinstalling Eucon though ... :)
Old 07-18-2015, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. In response, I don't have the drive segregated into test drives or software vs data and so all is now running through Yosemite. I have also re installed Eucon 3.2.2 a couple of times after going back to 3.1 to see if that would fix things but to no avail so far???
Old 07-18-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siann1 View Post
Thanks for the replies so far. In response, I don't have the drive segregated into test drives or software vs data and so all is now running through Yosemite. I have also re installed Eucon 3.2.2 a couple of times after going back to 3.1 to see if that would fix things but to no avail so far???
Just for the heck of it .. Try plugging your ethernet cables directly into your mac pro and see if you get any joy? When I tried networking the Mix & Control, it was a nightmare :)
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:30 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. I have everything through a d-link and so tried the suggestion by just plugging the transport into the ethernet out and it still did the same thing.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:04 PM

Hi,
I am running PT12.4 on a 2015 MacBook Pro (Yosemite) and trying to use a brand new artist transport.

I am using eucon 3.3.2. I have updated firmware (1.1.8.0).
I am seeing very similar behavior where PT becomes unresponsive
and the transport doesn't work right. Lights don't light and pressing zoom causes scrolling. Very bizarre.

It seems like it just loses the eucon connection, or it goes to sleep.