How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Firmware issues on MC Control?

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm running MAC OS 10.6.6 & no matter what version of EuControl I have running, it gives me the "Network Error" window when trying to link up to my board. I've tried EVERYTHING from making sure I don't have the newest software & firmware (since that's only for PT 9 & I'm running 8) to manually assigning an IP. The ONLY fix I found was uninstalling everything & then going back to the original firmware I got on the DVD when I purchased the board.

I'm thinking of upgrading to PT9 anyway...but want to see if anyone else is having (or had) this issue when updating the firmware & whether it might have gotten resolved when upgrading to Protools 9. As a test, I installed the board on a PT9 laptop with the newest software - I didn't get the Network error message (which is good) but then it didn't integrate well with PT9 since I hadn't updated the firmware yet...

Need to see what the best solution is before plopping down another $ 350 for an upgrade.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Firmware issues on MC Control?

From the Euphonix download page:
EuControl Software Package Version 2.5.6

Mac OSX

Software update for MC Color, MC Mix, MC Transport and MC Control that provides updates to support native EUCON support in Pro Tools 9

Any questions...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Firmware issues on MC Control?

...and you have checked your ethernet ports and cables?
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix