Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 AM

Default Re: Opening client sessions keeps messing my preferences??

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Global midi playback offset. this one's got me a few times!!
That's a killer.

Also, the 'Auto Region Fade In/Out' and 'Color Coding' settings

& I like 'Tab to Transient' to be ON by default....

But mainly if you create a new session just after opening a clients, the new session will have all their edit / mix window configurations!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:00 PM

Default Re: Opening client sessions keeps messing my preferences??

This problem crops up in many different ways - it's not just preferences that get changed.

For example, when importing a track using "Import Session data", it changes the (global) "Default New Track Output" in the I/O setup

The problem is also that it is very hard to know which options get saved with the session, which ones stay with the system permanently, and which ones hold over from whatever previous session was opened and/or saved.

Another example: under "Options", the Solo Mode stays set from the previous session that was open, but other items under the same menu, such as "Automation Follows Edit", don't and get saved with the session.

I am pretty sure this discrepancy happens on a lot of other features as well.

So, Feature Requests, I guess:

1) It seems to me that any option that doesn't get saved and loaded with the session should be considered a "Preference" and should be in the Preferences (or at least somehow labeled as such in the other menus), and nothing in the Preferences menu should be automatically changed by opening other sessions with different settings.

2) Any options that do get saved and loaded with the session should not be considered "Preferences" (indicating more permanent to the system and program). These should be treated more as "Settings" and taken out of the Preferences menu.

3) Importing a track using "Import Session Data" should not affect the Default New Track Output. I can't see any reason why this setting should change with this action.