Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-19-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Please Help. Demo Mbox 2 Plug-ins causing havoc.

i recently received my Mbox 2 6.8 and loaded and installed onto my mac G4 with latest OS X tiger and all seems to be working well except for a few things:

1. i can't find/activate/open/install 'sample tank' that came with the ignition pack. as many times as i click on the application to open it, nothing happens (i'm not prompted to any sort of 'install' page) and it's not listed under my 'audiosuite' menu as was amplitube and others so i don't know how to get pro-tools to recognize, install and launch.

2. the BFD disc that came in the ignition pack simply won't do anything or open/install at all.

3. MOST ANNOYING: i opened all the demo plug-ins that came with the pro-tools install and while some installed/activated fine, there are 19 others that won't install without an iLok key. thus, when first lauching pro-tools, it won't open without me having to go through screen after screen of it asking me to 'try', 'authorize' or 'quit'. when i click 'try', it tells me i need an iLok key and takes me back to the original prompt page. when i click 'authorize', it takes me to the "you need an iLok key" page (but not to any further instructions or subsequent webpage to actually 'authorize' the plug-in). pressing 'quit' just quits and moves me on to yet another annoying prompt screen for the next plug-in that needs an iLok key and i have to go through it all over again 19 times before protools will actually even open.

Bottom line: i don't need these plug-ins, nor do i want them with all the hassle they're giving me. is there any way to uninstall or delete them or get them out of my protools launch cycle at all? or do i absolutely HAVE to buy an iLok key now just to get past this point? ANYTHING that can be done to rid myself of this hassle would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
grubbgto
Old 10-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Please Help. Demo Mbox 2 Plug-ins causing havoc.

Contact Digidesign Tech Support for help with the first 2 items. To remove optional demo plug-ins and software, follow the instructions here:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=28112
Old 10-20-2005, 04:23 AM
FXpansion Audio

Note that the BFD disk is a DVD-ROM. Some older G4s don't have DVD readers.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:57 AM

hey, just wanted to thank you both for replying... at least i'm on my way and not stuck anymore completely baffled
hopefully, your instructions will put me on the path to enlightenment!
have a great day,
grubb
Old 10-20-2005, 11:09 AM

hey... thanks! removing the plug-ins that required the iLok key worked great... now protools is launching just fine and fast!
i'll contact digi support as you've stated above for the other two items.
much appreciated,
grubb