Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > The Drum Room
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM

Default Drumagog

Hey everyone, this is Paul. I am slowly learning how to record my drums. I have Pro-tools 8.0 on a Mac and I am experimenting with recording my acoustic and electric drums. I currently have the Alesis i/o module triggered by the Roland PD-7 pads. I also have a Yamaha Maple Absolute Custom drum set with cymbals. I am also trying to use a ddrum trigger connected to my bass drum.

I have been successful with using BFD Lite which came with my Alesis i/o module. I know there are more libraries out there, and I might upgrade. However, it would be nice to ditch the PD7 pads altogether and do drum replacement. I am concerned that I might have false triggering with my mounted toms with the mic's in close proximity. Does Drumagog and Pro Tools have a way work around this successfully? I can only imagine when I hit the hi-tom, the low tom mic will pick up the sound too. Thoughts?

Paul
Parker, CO
Old 11-28-2009, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Drumagog

there are threshold settings and such with drumagog to help this issue. also duplicating your track and editing it to death is the best way. pull out the cymbal hits and such in your tom tracks. if your really interested, i would say pick up ddrum triggers for your toms and snare as well.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-08-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I love my Ddrum Pro triggers, they are the best.
Amen to that!

And like guitardom said, cut out everything but the drum hits.
Also mess around with Drumagog settings. Threshold, sensitivity and so on...

Cheers.

NERVE

Death Penalty
Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56BelAir View Post
Hey everyone, this is Paul. I am slowly learning how to record my drums. I have Pro-tools 8.0 on a Mac and I am experimenting with recording my acoustic and electric drums. I currently have the Alesis i/o module triggered by the Roland PD-7 pads. I also have a Yamaha Maple Absolute Custom drum set with cymbals. I am also trying to use a ddrum trigger connected to my bass drum.

I have been successful with using BFD Lite which came with my Alesis i/o module. I know there are more libraries out there, and I might upgrade. However, it would be nice to ditch the PD7 pads altogether and do drum replacement. I am concerned that I might have false triggering with my mounted toms with the mic's in close proximity. Does Drumagog and Pro Tools have a way work around this successfully? I can only imagine when I hit the hi-tom, the low tom mic will pick up the sound too. Thoughts?

Paul
Parker, CO

I'm not sure about PT 8, but with drumagog, after you have tracked your drums, go to the advanced tab and click advanced for your triggering mode, then back to main to find the sound you are desiring, then click on visual, keep your resolution to auto, and use the sensitivity control to hit on the attacks of the actual part your layering, ie bass drum, toms, snare etc. this will eliminate the bleed over from other drums or cymbals on the specified part!