Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-07-2003, 10:47 PM

Default PT6 Crashes when changing Midi track Height *&%$#%^!!

First off:
G4 867MHz 512 MB 80GB Firewire MAC OS X 10.2.6 and PT6.0.1

I used to get crashes when trying to add Midi Tracks and select my main keyboard, but after doing the exhaustive (and most heinous) troubleshooting recommended and reloaded PT6, she crashes when I change the Midi track height. It seems like I can usually make it smaller, but larger gets me 86'd EVERY time!

If its just a bass line or something, not too bad leaving it alone, but for piano or something you need a wider swoth (<-how do like THAT word?) to edit in. Is there a way to specify the size of newly added tracks?

All that troubleshooting also altered my workspace settings and PT wouldn't recognize my volumes as recordable and I couldn't figure it out for all last night. Needless to say, digidesign personnel weren't safe in my house. But after some sleep and a humble sorry to my wife for letting it get the best of me, I was able to figure it out. Also can't get my PT updated all the way to PT6.0.1cs1 for some reason...

But now this! Anyone got any ideas on how to squelch this one?

Seems like there are a LOT of Midi issues being posted! HMMM! [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

G4 867MHz, 512MB RAM, 80GB Firewire HD.