Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2010, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Digidesign Transformation

Good to hav u back Benoni...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 04-14-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Now Avid has suffered serious losses, but it seems to me that they are working very hard to solve their huge problems. Yes, it takes time, yes, certainly we, the users suffer from it to a degree.

I really understand the frustrations, but come on, be reasonable. It really getting wierd. If they buy a company, many argue, if they don't buy, many argue, if they post here, many argue, if they don't post here, even more argue. It's just getting over the top now.
Well, they have huge problems, but so far there have been only changes in their outward appearance and marketing (see their budget). So far, many words, but they will be judged for their actions! So far we don't know in which direction Avid is going. Although the acquisition of Euphonix may point into a certain direction.
I really understand the frustrations, as well. A lot of especially LE users have felt being left in the lurch for several reason, which can be read in many threads. Some things may not be reasonable, but others definitely are. According to the Avid balance sheet, there were too many frustrations, otherwise where would the loss come from!?

The point is that the upper part of the lower segment and the mid- segment of the audio market are the places where the money is, and I believe the future of audio. These segments seem to feel particularly left alone.

I know people who are happy with their Mix-systems, or with HD. That setup works for them and the last thing they will be doing is touching a stable system. I believe HD is no longer a viable business option for Avid, especially because the market is squeezed and some bigger studios had/have to give up. Some professionals, I know, move to working ITB, have some selected outboard gear, and/ or do summing via analog, but that's it. They rely on Metric Halo, Orpheus or even RME boxes as their basic setup.

Avid completely missed that opportunity, IMHO.

I am an ambition-ed Hoboist () who likes ProTolls, but I like to have more options, but definitely not HD. Avid, it is a PT.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Ha.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-14-2010, 10:00 AM

I wanna be a Ho-Bo baybayyyyyyyyy...

With a wang dang doodle and a polly wolly diddle all dayyyyyyyyyyy

Ho-Bo baybayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....

With all the little girls on hollywood and viiiiine..........
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
It’s time to set the record straight about the future of Digidesign. We’d like to share some information, answer some questions, and explain our new brand strategy. Check out this letter and join the discussion here.

It would be nice to be able to bounce to disk creating an mp3 format directly from protools without using third party applications i.e iTunes etc.

It also would be nice to bounce to disk without having to do it in real time. Maybe in Protools ver 9 ?.

Maybe add POWr Dither to M-powered ? not a big deal though.

Re- design the code so that Protools runs on open source operating systems ?
such as Linux, FreeBSD,RedHat ?. ( i know its far fetched but i thought i'd try )

My future Protools rig:

Mac Ultra Quad Pro 200GHz 500TB Ram.

Running Protools Nitro 9.

New Protools features:

Unlimited track count mono and stereo
Unlimited busses, Aux send and Returns
Beat Detective 9, Beat Detective Ultra, and Voice Detective, Yes now you can record enable a track, sample a phrase and speak to Protools what BPM you would like the sample to be placed at.Intergrated Waves Titanium bundle (over 6000 plug-ins)
5 way grid mode ( allows mutiple grids open in edit mode simutaniously), Yes,you can now edit 5 projects at the same time !.
Auto time compression and expansion
Supports sample rate up to 512,000 KHz
Reverse RTAS functionality, Yes now you can reverse engineer ANY plug in type/extension and your session will seemlessly run ANY plug in on any insert/send in a matter of seconds Using ANY Rtas plug in, Just drag your new plugin type over ANY Rtas plug in already enable and it will be converted.

Digitransformer 4 (formerly known as Digitranslator), open ANY session anywhere anytime and anyplace, Supported session types, Sonar, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Garage Band,and many more !!.
Note:
There is a $300 fee for the Reaper to Protools opener Binary . (Reaper session binaries not included), $40 Ilok charge sold seperate

Protools Nitro Supported interfaces:

Mbrick ( formerly known as Mbox), Dual spdif, 16 analog ins/outs, 8 in/out midi, intergrated Drawmer pre's, Quad optical in/outputs, intergrated 512GB harddisk, expandable to 24TB, 1 Million KHz sample rate,
Digi 007, comes with everything the Mbrick has and also includes:
The factory bundle (Waves Titanium bundle) 1.5 Million KHz sample rate

Protools XD ( Formerly known as HD) Everything the Digi007 and Mbrick has to offer plus, Ignition Pack 9

Just kidding................
Old 04-18-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBp View Post
Reverse RTAS functionality, Yes now you can reverse engineer ANY plug in type/extension and your session will seamlessly run ANY plug in on any insert/send in a matter of seconds Using ANY Rtas plug in, Just drag your new plugin type over ANY Rtas plug in already enable and it will be converted.
+1 on this! Sombody needs to end the plugin format wars, and that would likely do it. Sure would keep the lawyers busy for a while though.

I think instead of a Quad CPU at 200GHz, I'll take a 4GHZ 200+ core (256 probably). As long as we're wishing.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Smile Re: Digidesign Transformation

Well avid is the main peeps but i really gonna missed the name digidesign, That is a strong name from the early 90`s upto this day.
I will never forget this name DIGIDESIGN. But avid owns m-andio and others..(i think lol)
Old 04-18-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analoge View Post
I will never forget this name DIGIDESIGN. But avid owns m-andio and others..(i think lol)
How ironic that Analoge spells audio, andio

Jus messin with ya Analoge; WELCOME TO THE DUCZ

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 AM

So Pro Tools LE is "Home Music Creation".
Dos that mean Avid will not improve it to a professional level?