Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Are PTLE users crazy?

I've spent some time reading the posts in this forum and I've come to some conclusions.

1. I will return my system to Guitar Center tomorrow.
2. When I need to port stuff to protools, I'll use WAV/AIFF track bounces.

Because, from what I've read - Digi has turned its users into QA test bunnies. For all the time spent configuring and reconfiguiring, installing and uninstalling, testing firewire drivers, elimininating Windows XP SP2 components, and generally being driven insane like chained slaves at bottom of a sinking ship, who has time to make music?
Old 04-16-2006, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Are PTLE users crazy?

hummm, i earn a nice living on my ptle system.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:49 AM

rosstapha,
Quote:
Are PTLE users crazy?
>> ..according to my family & friends , I am
PT works great here, BTW
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 04-16-2006, 07:09 AM

I'm about to convert to another format myself! I too, make and have made my living with Pro Tools for the past 6 years. Starting with a DIGI 001, now with an 002r.

But I also did my first digital recording in 1982 at Murray State university's music department;
Not as a student but as a professional.

I have used The Macintosh, Atari, Amiga, and now a PC system for audio and midi recording, and have recorded projects in almost all of the inexpensive formats from keyboard workstations to computer based systems. I have spent more time doing what you are complaining about since I have used the 002r system.

I believe I will write more on this on a continuing basis, as what has happened in the music recording
field is both a blessing and a burden. -------------- More to Come!

Thanks, Lilda & Michael at Studio 101
Old 04-16-2006, 07:44 AM

my 2 cents: I have been using PT LE for about 5 years now. It is the only DAW I trust 100%. imo, taking my best sessions over 1000 hrs of recording PT crashed on me may be twice - Due to over load of plug-ins, if you use a pc there are various unwanted services that should be turned off, the most important thing - for serious users a dedicated pc for PT LE is the best. You will never have serious trouble then. I have a DELL p3, a gig ram, with 10 acers of harddisk space. no internet, no virus scanner or no spyware crap etc., a clean pc thats boots up or shuts down in less than a min.

I am considering to upgrade to PT HD rather than 002. but is beyond my reach yet
Only complain i have is - what PT offers when compared to other DAW say something like Nuendo or Sonar.

Just a little patience is needed to tweak PT, once done it works pretty well.

Sriks.
http://www.srikanthd.com
Old 04-16-2006, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Are PTLE users crazy? *DELETED*

Post deleted by DigiTechSupt
Old 04-16-2006, 08:31 AM

I've been a member of the Digi forums almost as long as they have been in existance (I formerly had a different screename and account). If you like another software's functions or feature set better, a move is a good thing. If you just don't like PT's operation or feel other software is better written, maintained or better suited for your needs, a move to that format is a good thing. But if you're just pissed off because nothing works out of the box on a computer that either barely meets specs or is just some off the shelf model you hope works, ..........or you're either too impatient or unwilling to post serious questions containing details of what you have and what's happening so someone can offer some constructive help, moving to another format or platform won't do anything for you except change the website you gripe on.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:48 PM

Yep we're crazy. The forum used to be more exciting a few years ago. My 001 still does fine.

July

MP3's
Old 04-16-2006, 11:38 PM

Sounds like a closed mind and a potty mouth to me! I don,t think you have to use this kind of language
to give ones opinion. Or is this the way you always comunicate? I believe you might learn something if you just relax a bit and listen to what a unsatisfied user has to say. -------------More to come!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I've spent some time reading the posts in this forum and I've come to some conclusions.

1. I will return my system to Guitar Center tomorrow.
2. When I need to port stuff to protools, I'll use WAV/AIFF track bounces.

Because, from what I've read - Digi has turned its users into QA test bunnies. For all the time spent configuring and reconfiguiring, installing and uninstalling, testing firewire drivers, elimininating Windows XP SP2 components, and generally being driven insane like chained slaves at bottom of a sinking ship, who has time to make music?
I can understand your reflection, but not your conclusion or reaction!

# 1) I know a lot of Digi users who produces A LOT of music on a commercial level that never attend this forum and it's debates, because their gear works fine for them. They don't upgrade all the time. They are content with being two steps behind "the cutting edge crew". They don't have time to test all the latest plugins or VI-instruments.

# 2) My dealer has a little "clan" of buyers with a little bit money to spend, who can take risques, who istalles plugins that crashes the system, who frequently writes on the DUC, since when we have time to test gear and plugins it's more often than not in the middle of the night and the dealership's closed (although he normally anwers mails until 12 o'clock at night) and we want ansers "NOW" and fix our problems "NOW" and since there are people like Rail and Nikki-k and a lot of other helpful souls around - this is where we ask and complaint!

In my opinion you have drawn the wrong conclusions. Be around the DUC a little more and you will learn to appriciate its strengths!!! (...or just buy something else, you don't need our approval of that?)
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix