Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2014, 07:59 AM

Default Glitchy audio when using Video PCI Out via Blackmagic

Hi,

Im currently using PTHD 10.3.8 and my session is around 90 audio tracks, some with reverbs, e.q etc and some with none, just audio.

I've cached about 16GB of the session and I have 32GB in total in my Mac.

The whole 1hr 30min film plays out perfectly with no errors on my 2 monitors, but when I use PCI Video Out in order to view via the projector, using my Blackmagic Mulitbridge Eclipse, I'm getting loads of glitches and drop outs.

I've noticed that if I disable quite a few tracks the video and audio plays out fine.

Is there some sort of glitch I'm unaware because of an update? I worked on a film earlier in the year with more tracks and everything played out fine.

I've tried all the recommended videos codecs, I've got the video, PT session and PT system all on different hard drives, tried a new HDMI lead, tried the SDI output and now I'm totally lost.

My specs are:

PTHD 10.3.8
Blackmagic Multibridge Eclipse 9.5.3
Mac 10.6.8
2 x 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
32GB Ram

Anyone else had this issue?
Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Glitchy audio when using Video PCI Out via Blackmagic

On paper, your system should be rocking. Most of us have the BM Intensity Pro, that Eclispe is the only odd thing in your system.

This is a long-shot, but have you tried uninstalling/re-installing the BM drivers?

I find most Macs perform better with Blackmagic, not worse.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:54 PM

I did try uninstalling the BM driver and updating with new ones but nothing works.

Really confusing as my system is running at 50% with 100+ tracks, but soon as I use PCI Out, the audio goes glitchy, but the system is still running at 50%

Maybe I should update my MAC O SX as I'm still using Snow Leopard. I don't want to use Mavericks as I'm sure most of my plugins won't run with it.

Really confused as the video worked fine on PT 10.1 (maybe that's my answer!)
Old 05-22-2014, 02:57 PM

Also, could I use the BM Intensity Pro alongside my Eclipse?