Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2016, 12:00 AM

Default Digi 002 rack problem

Hello all, yes I am still using a Digi 002 rack. However recently attempting to record both mono audio instruments and microphone audio has been a challenge. It seems the connections on both the audio and mic ins is extremely messed up. It has been going on for awhile where there will be scratching and popping and then it would settle when shifting the volume of the ins or constatly playing a beat through the audio in. But now it is futile you cant hear almost anything but perhaps a faint pumping of the audio source, of course it will pop and scratch in and out at extreme volumes stressing the speakers and your ears, but will not settle out anymore. And with the microphone it has been sketchy and popping and shifting volumes for awhile. But the s/pdif ins are all good I know thos because I run my tv into them and also managed to connect the audio source that was popping scratching and barely able to be heard through the audio ins, with an s/pdif attachment and it played clean. Has anyone ever encountered this? It makes it almost impossible to work how I need to being limited to only the s/pdif ins... I use an imac running 10.5.8 with pro tools 8.0.5 FireWire digi 002 rack.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Digi 002 rack problem

UPDATE.. It wasnt actually the s/pdif I was talking about it was the alt src, and i set em to 7/8 when the tv was coming through clear. After hooking up an outside mixer and not being able to use it.. I did notice that when playing with the push buttons on the front of the rack i was able to stablize the sound when holding it in a certain position, but soon as I let go all sound drops... so it appears to be a loose connection in every one of the analog ins and manifesting from the push buttons.. I am not sure of the precise name of the buttons but above the individual volume knobs... can anyone please help me to resolve this issue asap?