Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-12-2022, 03:10 AM

Default Artist Mix no longer showing up in EuControl

Hi all -

My Artist Mix is having an unprescribed holiday and I need it back on duty!

Here's the rub -

I was running an old version (2018) of ProTools and thought I'd take advantage of the latest upgrade offers, so I'm now running the latest 2022.6.
I then thought it best to upgrade my EuControl app to the latest (2022.4.0.78) so that everything was all set up nicely.

Thanks to the delightful architecture of the MacBook Pro, I've done away with as many hellish dongles as poss and have been running a Caldigit TS3 to deal with most of my peripheral connections, so this is where the Artist Mix plugs in for its ethernet. This has never caused issue till now, and the way my studio is cabled it's an important part of the setup. All my other thunderbolt ports are taken with interface / UAD and external monitors.

I mention this as I've tried all manner of reboots / uninstalls / reinstalls / cable changes etc, and the only thing that encourages the Artist Mix to show up in EuControl is if I plug direct into the MacBook with an Ethernet adaptor.

The Caldigit TS3 is on its latest firmware (v44.1) and up till now has had no problem in hosting the Artist Mix. Did I do something wrong with the installation? Is there anything I can try to bring the Mix back online?

(I did see another post where someone had more luck in getting connection with their Artist controller when they ran into a network switch first... I've been trying that too, no result.)

Any help would be v much appreciated, cheers!

Paul
ProTools 2022.6.0
Eucontrol 2022.4.0.78 / Eucon v 4.8.6.78