Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 PM

Default Am I hosed on my Eleven Rack?

My MacBook Pro is running Lion...it's 10.7.3...and the Eleven Rack I just bought from Guitar Center has Pro Tools LE 8.0.1 and I can't get either the Pro Tools to install or the site to take my Eleven Rack registration. Am I hosed because I have Lion? Any ideas? I'm much more than frustrated at this point because I've dined around with this for 2 days now and am at the same place I was when I cut the tape and opened the box. Man! Even when I tried to do some troubleshooting through the website, it recognized that I have 10.7.3 but none of the links that were supposed to be there, so that I could go further, were there at all. I'm beside myself with frustration now as this has caused me to pretty much screw up the entire weekend. Help!
Thanks for your time!
Doc
Old 04-14-2012, 05:31 PM

Did you buy it brand new? If you did you should be able to get pro tools 10 I believe. If not I would bring it back and get it from somewhere else that gives you pro tools 10 with it, like Sweetwater
Old 04-14-2012, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Am I hosed on my Eleven Rack?

Yeah, if you just bought it, and it was new, take it back.

Then look for another one where it advertises the ERXP on the box. It should also say something about including an iLok. If it has those things, then you should be good to go.

The new bundles come with PT9 with a free upgrade to PT10, or straight out PT10.

a new v2 iLok

and the ERXP pre-installed

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-15-2012, 06:52 AM

I had problems trying to register online. They said it may be Browser problems, which it was not. I ended up registering by phone.
I just did the 11r gui correction for the expansion pack, thanks to your blog Benoni.. great work you do there.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:31 PM

Part of my deal was a trade-in of my amp, so getting it somewhere else like that isn't likely possible. I got it at Guitar Center and it's definitely brand new, but it has the Digidesign badge and not the Avid badge, so I doubt that I have any recourse, nor will I be a happy and contented advertisement for either the store or the product. I got it only after having read lots of reviews and doing a demo of it in the store. All of a sudden my desire to have "many different amps and effects" instead of the amp I had doesn't seem like a very good decision. Man, I sure hope when I try and get it registered by phone that they have some concession for me on the Pro Tools. I've seen several places on the web where it indicates that the PT LE 8 that came with my unit doesn't work with my OS...sure would have been a great thing to have been advised of that at Guitar Center!

Thanks for the replies and advice...I appreciate your time.
Peace
Doc
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM

They are selling you old stock! Do not register it! Take it back, talk to the GC store manager, and demand they replace it with the newer bundle of the Eleven Rack which includes an iLok2 with either PT9 (with free upgrade to PT10) or PT10 right out of the gate. It also has the Expansion Pack pre-installed. If may be new but it's old stock GC is sticking you with! Of course before doing this, you could contact Avid and see if they're willing to comp you both PT10 and the Expansion Pack. :) Let us know how you make out? That's exactly why I never do business with Guitar Center! Good luck!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_uk View Post
I had problems trying to register online. They said it may be Browser problems, which it was not. I ended up registering by phone.
I just did the 11r gui correction for the expansion pack, thanks to your blog Benoni.. great work you do there.
Glad you like the blog.

And the browser problem does affect some people. I have a similar problem when I got my 11R. For some reason the Avid registration page did not like IE8 or Firefox (at least at the time), but Chrome worked fine.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztimn8r View Post
Part of my deal was a trade-in of my amp, so getting it somewhere else like that isn't likely possible. I got it at Guitar Center and it's definitely brand new, but it has the Digidesign badge and not the Avid badge, so I doubt that I have any recourse, nor will I be a happy and contented advertisement for either the store or the product. I got it only after having read lots of reviews and doing a demo of it in the store. All of a sudden my desire to have "many different amps and effects" instead of the amp I had doesn't seem like a very good decision. Man, I sure hope when I try and get it registered by phone that they have some concession for me on the Pro Tools. I've seen several places on the web where it indicates that the PT LE 8 that came with my unit doesn't work with my OS...sure would have been a great thing to have been advised of that at Guitar Center!

Thanks for the replies and advice...I appreciate your time.
Peace
Doc
Im just wondering.... what was the price of the Eleven Rack you got in the trade? $899? or less?

Sometimes a store will sell the old stock for less, I'm just wondering if this is the case or if they just grabbed old stock that was the same price.

If the trading value was the same for all the Eleven Rack's in stock, i would take it back and tell them this is not what you thought it was and you want a new stock unit. The box should clearly state the inclusion of the ERXP.

Some people have purchased old stock 11R's and have gotten the ERXP and PT10 downloads for free, placed in their Avid accounts.... I'm not sure if they will do the same for everyone or not because the only published policy I can find says that a bundle with LE8 is NOT eligible a free upgrade to PT10 and the ERXP.

As long as you have not registered the unit, and have all the original pieces and packaging, and it was valued the same as the new stock, GC should have no problem swapping it for new stock.

If the store you went to will not swap, and it meets the criteria I listed above, then send an eMail to GC. The GC family of stores have always been amazing to me, but sometimes you need to email them first.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio