Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-23-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Transport Window and Color Selection window lost

Hi all,

For "some!" of my PT sessions the Transport Window and the Track Color Selection window are lost.
Using the menu I can switch them on but they do not appear on the screen anymore.

Could this problem be caused by the fact that I have currently only one monitor connected to the Mac G5 and that the windows are still in the graphical area of the other monitor?

Why don't they show up if I use Macs F9 F10 keys to show all open windows?
Also if I synchronise the screens they do not appear.

Any differences between session versions? Some sessions might have been created using PT 6.7.x.

Any other trick?

Thxs for your support

C.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Transport Window and Color Selection window lost

Select "synchronize monitors" in the OSX´s monitor preference-pane. That will mirror each monitor´s content to the other.

Frank.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:45 AM

Hi Frank,

First of all thanks a lot for your reply.

Well, I have tried this "synchronise monitor" option of course but the windows are still hidden.
Could it be that I also have to change screen resolution?
I think the second monitor I used had a different setup, so if I synchronise based on the resolution of the current monitor there might still be some of the windows which lie outside the visible area.
Is that possible?

Thanks

Carsten
Old 11-23-2006, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Transport Window and Color Selection window lo

It could be possible, that the windows are right at the edge of your monitor, or behind your edit or mix window, just pull the window to the side. I don't know why and how, but here sometimes Pro Tools windows hide behind the edit or mix window and you can only get them back to top, when moving the edit or mix window to discover the missing window hiding underneath.

Hope it helps,
Timothy
Old 11-23-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Hi Frank,

First of all thanks a lot for your reply.

Well, I have tried this "synchronise monitor" option of course but the windows are still hidden.
Could it be that I also have to change screen resolution?
I think the second monitor I used had a different setup, so if I synchronise based on the resolution of the current monitor there might still be some of the windows which lie outside the visible area.
Is that possible?

Thanks

Carsten
Activate Exposé and do the "show all windows" thing with an active corner or the shortcut. That should show you all windows of the application.

frank.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:30 AM

I also switch between 2 monitors and 1 (2 in the studio 1 live) and have run onto the same problem on a few sessions. All the other windows synched, except the transport. When I hooked back in to both monitors and did "show transport" there it was on monitor 2. I just pulled it over to the other side and resaved and the next tome I pulled it up live it was there. I thought it was pretty weird too. I run a G4 so I don't know if it's the same but maybe.... Good hunting.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 PM

Hi all,

Thanks a again for your replies.

It took me some time to find a second monitor to test again.
I can confirm what "yohimbo" said.
I found my color palette window back but only when the second monitor was connected.
All other methods such as sync of monitors and change of screen resolution etc.. did not work.

I think one has to keep in this in mind before removing the seconf monitor.

Cheers and thx to all

Carsten