Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Unable to add fades on FCP omf

After importing omf project from fcp, I'm finding that it's impossible to make a fade at head, tail, or between regions.
When I try to apply a fade to a region I get a blank section (no waveform) when I play over it, audio is still there but no fade.
Has anyone encountered this and know of a workaround?
Many thanks,
JJ

HD4, PT8, MacPro
Old 04-28-2009, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Unable to add fades on FCP omf

it's probably locked... duplicate the file with Gain or DC Offset Removal and then apply your fades.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsoundoc View Post
After importing omf project from fcp, I'm finding that it's impossible to make a fade at head, tail, or between regions.
When I try to apply a fade to a region I get a blank section (no waveform) when I play over it, audio is still there but no fade.
Has anyone encountered this and know of a workaround?
Many thanks,
JJ

HD4, PT8, MacPro
Did you select "copy media" when importing the OMF or are you playing back an embedded OMF without "unwraping" it (link to media)?

PT can play back embedded OMFs without "unwraping" it. Maybe that´s why you can´t fade.

Look at your task-window. Maybe PT hasn´t finished creating all the waveforms when you tried to apply the fades so they were cued up.

frank.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:42 AM

Found that opening new project, then importing audio from original project worked. Thanks for help Frank and Ray.
JJ