Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 01:02 AM

Default a very frustrating pro tools problem, i NEED help!

the problem i am having is that every time i try to record a track after a minute or 2 a message pops up that says increase H/W buffer size in the playback engine, so i then go and do that. if i change it from 512 to 1024 soon it says something like pro tools is conflicting with CPU tasks decrease H/W buffer size or operating system held off too long try increasing the H/W buffer size. i can never get it to work and ive had this software for a long time. i recently upgraded my RAM in hopes that it would fix this problem but it has not. i now have over 700 mb of RAM so that should be plenty and I have a toshiba Satellite computer wiht a pentium 4 so my computer should be able to handle this software. ive heard something about changing the driver to DMA and i did do that, but i don't know if the mbox driver has to be set to DMA, and if it does i can't figure out how to do that. i set the primary and secondary IDE channels to DMA. Ive also heard that toshiba lap tops in particular have wireless adapter thing installed in them that interfeers wiht pro tools, so i disabled one of the network adapters called the Realtek RTL8139/810x family fast ethernet NIC. nothing i have done has solved this problem.

the messages i am getting are DEA errors (-9093,-9094, and -9129) if anybody has anything they could do to help that would be excellent! i have an Mbox and protools 6.4 LE, i have a toshiba satellite A34/S159 with 768 mb of RAM and a 2.3 GHz pentium 4 processer.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: a very frustrating pro tools problem, i NEED h

Try this real quick and get back to us:
http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=28684

I'll add that you should disable ALL your network connections, except the firewire network service if you're using a firewire hard drive. To do this, right click on "my computer, click manage, click on device manager, expand the tree called 'network adapter' and disable each except the 1394 or firewire adapter.

A couple other things to try:
change the driver for the items in 'ide/atapi controllers' to 'Standard Dual PCI IDE controller'
And since you're on a laptop, you may want to try disabling the 'Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery' in device manager.

On another note, is this present in all sessions, or just one...and if just one, did that session come from a TDM or HD setup that supports multiple file types?

Cheers,
Chris

(For the record, all of these potential solutions were found in the digibase by simply typing in the error numbers...I hope one of them works for you.)