Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM

Default Expansion pack firmware updater crashed

Hi everyone,

I bought the ERXP a while ago and tried installing it about a week ago. The download ran and created the updater on the desktop as it was supposed to. i then ran that and it froze and crashed. now it wont run at all and i am unable to install the firmware update.

I have a second partition on my computer that i created recently to dual boot and try some things out. I tried installing on that partition and the installer ran fine. but it said that i've reached the maximum allowed activations for this serial number. I obviously haven't activated cos it crashed!

Has anybody come across this before? and ideas how to get the thing to install?

My computer is running windows 7 64bit on both partitions.
Thanks in advance,
Dean
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Expansion pack firmware updater crashed

Trying going back to the first partition you tried on, hopefully the hidden files are still there and will allow you to continue - if you cannot continue then you will need to call Avid for a new number.........

Now for the solution:

The ERXP Firmware updater is not compatible with Internet Explorer 9. You need to uninstall IE9, then try the ERXP Firmware updater again.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 9, go to Programs and Features, up in the left-top, click View Installed Updates, then click on MS IE9 and uninstall it.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297358

After your firmware is updated to 2.0.1, you can re-install IE9.

Also make sure you are running an up-to-date version of Pro Tools before you install the updater.

For Pro Tools LE 8 you need to be update to 8.0.5

For PT9 it 9.0.6

For PT10 its 10.0.1 (i think)

Pro Tools 8.0.5 Downloads and Details

Pro Tools Updates

Driver Downloads and Updates for Pro Tools and Standalone

http://elevenrackusers.blogspot.com/...epository.html

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Benomi, you're spot on! I actually just saw that sticky on IE9 after i posted and tried it and it worked!

I dont use IE9, using firefox, so i probably wont bother reinstalling it!

Also, i use sonar so haven't got protools installed. will that be a problem? asside from being able to tweak settings from within protools? My computer doesn't have a CD drive at the moment! Didnt think i'd need one as most drivers and software is online now to download from the products website etc etc. except protools! lol but i can install it on my laptop if needed to download presets etc. but other than that i assume its fine without protools?

Thanks for the quick reply! much appreciated!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanM11R View Post
Benomi, you're spot on! I actually just saw that sticky on IE9 after i posted and tried it and it worked!

I dont use IE9, using firefox, so i probably wont bother reinstalling it!

Also, i use sonar so haven't got protools installed. will that be a problem? asside from being able to tweak settings from within protools? My computer doesn't have a CD drive at the moment! Didnt think i'd need one as most drivers and software is online now to download from the products website etc etc. except protools! lol but i can install it on my laptop if needed to download presets etc. but other than that i assume its fine without protools?

Thanks for the quick reply! much appreciated!
Yeah you are fine without Pro Tools, you just won't be able to use the on screen editor, backup your rigs, use embedded rigs, or be able to download and use 11R rigs posted by other people.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio