Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-15-2016, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan or Subscription is current, but a new license wasn't deposited for 1

edit: I am an idiot. I put this is the wrong section and the upgrade was in my Products Not Yet Downloaded section. I just activated it and all is good. I just hope I don't run into the 12.6 activation issues as the rest of you.

I am supposed to have 4 years of free upgrades with my Studica Order #: 283427 , Order Date: Jun 04, 2012. I got my Pro Tools 11 upgrade just fine as shown in my account as:
Pro Tools 11.0 No Charge UG for Students Verified
iLok id: aicragleon 07/01/13
Licenses: PT11 Free Sdnt Upgrade
...but I never got my Pro Tools 12 upgrade even though Pro Tools 12 was released in 2015 which is well within my 4 years of free upgrades. Please help me. I am going to be getting a new Mac with Sierra that cannot be OS downgraded since the older OSs lack support (kexts) for newer hardware that Apple does not put in older versions of the OS. I was fine with Pro Tools 11 until now, but now I need Pro Tools 12 to be able to use my Mac.

Last edited by aicragleon; 12-15-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: new info
Old 12-15-2016, 03:39 PM

Default Re: New license not authorizing Pro Tools 12.6 after activating it

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcat View Post
Same problem. Successfully been running 12.5.2 for a while, saw update to 12.6.1 in my Avid Application Manager and updated. Found out very quickly that I could no longer run Pro Tools. Learned I needed a new Perpetual Bundle license and double checked my ILok account and found out it was not there.

I started a support case for the new license.
Looks like Jovenal solved this yesterday and should be updating your case.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcat View Post
Same problem. Successfully been running 12.5.2 for a while, saw update to 12.6.1 in my Avid Application Manager and updated. Found out very quickly that I could no longer run Pro Tools. Learned I needed a new Perpetual Bundle license and double checked my ILok account and found out it was not there.

I started a support case for the new license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Looks like Jovenal solved this yesterday and should be updating your case.
Yes he did and Thanks Again Avid!
Old 12-22-2016, 09:35 AM

Same problem with Pro Tools 12.7 (worked with 12.5 before).
Subscription for ProTools 12 until Mar 31, 2017. So I downloaded from my account 12.7. but getting message, that I don't have any licences in my account. On my Ilok there is a valid PT12 license.
Don't understand
Can you please help me?

Last edited by jeffro; 12-22-2016 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Moved to related thread.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay_1 View Post
Same problem with Pro Tools 12.7 (worked with 12.5 before)... On my Ilok there is a valid PT12 license.
A Pro Tools 12 license only authorizes up through version 12.5.2, you'll need a Pro Tools Subscription license for 12.6/later.

Please Create A Case from my.avid.com > Access The Support Center > Equipment with your account info so that we can resolve this.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan or Subscription is current, but a new license wasn't deposited for 1

Hello!

Like others, I renewed my annual plan but no upgraded "Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle" deposited to my ilok account.

I created case #03112558, would appreciate if I could some assistance so I could access PT12.6/12.7...

Many thanks!
Old 12-27-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasconito View Post
Hello!

Like others, I renewed my annual subscription plan but no upgraded "Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle" deposited to my ilok account.

I created case #03112558, would appreciate if I could some assistance so I could access PT12.6/12.7...

Many thanks!
Again this is a user forum and if you want Avid yo solve this you need to keep using the ASC case number to get hold of them. No one here can do this faster during holidays.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-01-2017, 11:00 AM

Default Got new license but PT 12.6 doesn't see it, how do I activate/surrender my old one?

I just upgraded to 12.7, I skipped 12.6, but I also don't have a license available to activate 12.6/12.7. I have a perpetual license and my upgrade plan is current. 12.7 was in my Avid account, but I do not have a new license in my Available licenses area on my iLok. I did create a support case, but thought I would inquire here to see if I am just missing something.
Thanks!

Edit: I received a reply to my case and a new iLok license in my account today. Fairly simple process in the end. Thanks!

Last edited by necjamc; 01-02-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:40 AM

I'm in the same boat! Upgraded to 12.6 and then 12.7 without knowing about the ilok license problem. No PT 12.6 or 12.7 licenses in my ilokmanager. Been dealing with this since yesterday. Have a session today. Drummer is sitting behind the kit. Waiting for a call back. Come on, Avid.

Frustrating!

Case #03117066
Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretiger View Post
...No PT 12.6 or 12.7 licenses in my ilokmanager. Been dealing with this since yesterday. Have a session today...
Welcome to the community.

Redeposited your licenses (so you can get back to your session), but left your case open to CS since there seems to be a billing issue that's in progress.