Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2012, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Feature film facility

And I'll chime in and say great work on Dr Who.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:17 AM

Just had a video rome around your facilities, Taff. Didn't see Sep there! Great job on DrWho, Sherlock (have yet to see here) and Torchwood. Who needs to be in London?
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 AM

Taff,

I was going to congratulate you for your work on Sherlock and Dr Who, but I simply don't have the time, what with Steven Spielberg keeping me busy mixing "Indiana Jones and The Missing Link".

I've got to get that completed by this afternoon before I can finish mixing "The Thing Vs Alien Vs Predator Vs Freddie Vs Jason Vs The Wolfman Vs Santo & Blue Demon Vs Michael Myers Vs Busta Rhymes".

How I'm going to fit all those egos into my mum's basement is a bit of a logistical nightmare, but I'm sure I'll figure it out if I use some imagination.

Gotta run...
Old 02-04-2012, 01:30 PM

Thanks lads . Doug Sinclair (Supervising Sound Editor on Sherlock) myself and all the team would like to thank you for the nice messages. Nigel from Hackenbacker has seen this post and has also never heard of this guy. He wasn't involved with the programme mix of any of the shows he mentions. Maybe he mixed the trailers for them.

All the best and lets keep on creating great sound for guys like the op to aspire to

Paul

EDIT " Found out he mixed some foreign versions of the programmes
Old 02-05-2012, 02:48 AM

Well, in his post he mentioned being involved with the dubbing process on those shows which now turned out to be true. Without him, your work wouldn't be heard in other countries, and he certainly knows what he's doing. I'm shocked how quickly some people judge over him and how harsh some of the reactions were. I can't see him "hijacking your fame".
Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.armadillo View Post
Well, in his post he mentioned being involved with the dubbing process on those shows which now turned out to be true. Without him, your work wouldn't be heard in other countries, and he certainly knows what he's doing. I'm shocked how quickly some people judge over him and how harsh some of the reactions were. I can't see him "hijacking your fame".
It's because we are alligators. I am not that big and have no muscles but would like to look scary.
This industry taught me to attack before they eat you.
Seriously, sorry if I was too harsh...

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 02-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.armadillo View Post
Well if you look at my replies it states that I mentioned he might have mixed a trailer or something. Maybe a little more clarity from Sep would have been helpful. I.e "I was involved in the REVERSIONING of such shows as Sherlock and Spooks'

Please let's move on

Paul
Old 02-05-2012, 03:02 PM

The post community in the UK is not large and we often know each other or have mutual friends. I suspect our slightly fresh friend may have learned an important lesson here (or at least should have!). When I was Head of Sound at Clearcut Pictures and was hiring a new mixer and an assistant, I had way too many claims sent to me of 'having worked on the last Bond movie...' Make friends in this industry, not enemies. Food for thought...

Cheers

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 12-26-2012, 04:28 PM

Hello,

Apologies for bringing a VERY old topic back up! I completely forgot I ever posted this here and never got any notification of your replies. That’s why I never replied. I randomly came across this post the other day, which left me in total embarrassment! Its true that my first post was my last post but the thing is I’ve been reading the posts on this forum since protools 7.4! Most of the time I find the answer to my questions in other posts, which is why I don’t post.

Anyhow, just a few points that I thought I should clarify.

Paul, as you have rightly mentioned, I should have been clear about what exactly I done for those programs. I was doing re-versioning dubbing-mix for BBC for two years and was assigned to those specific projects I mentioned. I never intended to introduce myself as someone who I’m not. Also not a person to hijack other people's work. In fact the sound of Dr. Who is one of my favorites. I know you and your facility for it and I admire you guys for the work you do. It’s simply the best out of all the programs I ever worked on. Sometimes I have to listen to an effect you guys put on a dialogue over and over to find out what processing you done on it and apply it to the new dialogue we record. Only if I had known that I can contact you here!

I now left the BBC as I decided to do my masters. Not because I think qualifications get me better jobs, but because I wanted to get more specialized in sound design and move on from my job at the BBC. However, the department I used to work for is still at the TVC room 5502 until February when they move out. If your path ever crossed that way you can ask about me. Also here is the link to some of the earlier work on done on Dr. Who:

Not really proud of this one as it’s the first season I worked on.

Anyhow, again sorry for the embarrassing confusion I made. And thank you those of you who replied with advices.

Sep