Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-28-2018, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Crossgrade To HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
Magix Sequoia costs even more.
that doesn't make it right LOL...

i wouldn't give magix 1800 if my life depended on it.. now THAT's a company that is focused on consumer everything but has a couple programs they decide to charge big bucks for. Try getting support answers from magix.

Also, and let's be fair, sampoquia's GUI is stuck in the 80's and is mind numbingly busy. I'd choose nuendo if i was going to spend that much on non hardware dependant post editing software.
Old 01-28-2018, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Crossgrade To HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
that doesn't make it right LOL...

i wouldn't give magix 1800 if my life depended on it.. now THAT's a company that is focused on consumer everything but has a couple programs they decide to charge big bucks for. Try getting support answers from magix.

Also, and let's be fair, sampoquia's GUI is stuck in the 80's and is mind numbingly busy. I'd choose nuendo if i was going to spend that much on non hardware dependant post editing software.
I'd rate the support as comparable to that of Avid, except I don't remember having to pay for it, as some people here have had to Avid.

The devs themselves were not always present, but the user group was very knowledgable and supportive, for the twelve years I worked with Sequoia; two in particular. They even did video MORE tutorials than Magix did.

Nuendo's support is very slightly better, but their video export process is way behind PT. That's one of the reasons I will stay with PT. Another is, the PT "environment"/colour-scheme/GUI is much more "welcoming" than either of the other two.
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!