Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2003, 09:55 PM

Default Mbox, Logic 5.5, Direct I/O, PTLE ??? How?

OK, i hve searched and read all the threads on this board and a couple of other places, nothing has helped.

OK, here it is I have the new Direct I/O installed and I am using PTLE 5.2 and Logic 5.5. I have tryed a few ways. First I tryed it by starting PTLE and then starting Logic with the Direct I/O driver already selected, then I tryed it the oposite way and NO LUCK. I am really getting tired of this thing. I was going into it thinking that i could channel my logic instrument tracks into PT and use Logic as my sequencer, but I am beginning to think this is not possible at all. Please if any of you have any new info at all on how to do this step by step, them please help us who dont know out.

Thank you in advance,
Zack
Old 01-18-2003, 07:31 AM

Default Re: Mbox, Logic 5.5, Direct I/O, PTLE ??? How?

bump
Old 01-18-2003, 07:47 AM

I'm pretty new to the logic world, but I'm pretty sure that you can't do what you're trying to do. If you want to run PTLE and Logic simultaneously, you can't have logic using the direct I/O, you need to select a different audio driver. Only one program can access the digidesign hardware at a time, and you're trying to open 2 of them. If you instead select the standard apple audio drivers in Logic's preferences, you should be able to have both apps open at the same time.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:08 AM

Or else go with the Programma usb-asio driver in Logic...about $60.....

you cannot run two apps in Direct i/o
Old 01-19-2003, 04:30 PM

thank you for the info! ! !

OK, so now what, how do i channel logic audio tracks into PTLE to record them, and, how do i make them sync, I want to use my Logic instruments and use logic to sequence with, and use PTLE for recording my real synths and audio tracks. is it possible?

thanks,
dleted
Old 01-20-2003, 05:21 AM

OK, so now what, how do i channel logic audio tracks into PTLE to record them, and, how do i make them sync, I want to use my Logic instruments and use logic to sequence with, and use PTLE for recording my real synths and audio tracks. is it possible?
-----------------------------------------------
hi -
there are two options to do what u want to achive:
1.bounce your logic synth(track by track) into audio - and than open'em in Pro Tools.
or-
2.why don't you record your synth into logic directly (using Direct I/O) ?