Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 09:53 AM

Default HVAC and studio builders in Los Angeles?

Hi.

I already have some info, but if anyone can pass along recommendations in Los Angeles: If you'd rather not post -- just e-mail directly

A good HVAC contractor that knows how to get HVAC quiet enough for studio space.

Studio builders that would function somewhere between a project consultant, and doing the whole thing.
(323) 851-0299
[email protected]
www.tfpost.com
Old 07-22-2003, 07:48 AM

Default Re: HVAC and studio builders in Los Angeles?

Steven Klein

http://www.soundcontrolroom.com/services.htm

I looked at a lot of options when I wound up in a new "sound studio" that had been built by people claiming to know what they were doing. I did a lot of research into Auralex and the like as well as the Yahoo discussion group on Acoustics.

Eventually we had someone from Steven Klein out to look at the place and talk to the builders and give us an estimate. I think this cost about $350. He was as shocked as I was to learn that the builder's idea of a "floating floor" was 5 sheets of drywall stacked on top of each other, on top of the concrete slab, with a standard plywoord subfloor and that crappy commercial carpeting you find in a regular office. No wonder I could hear absolutely every footstep on the other side of my "isolation booth."

I believe he'll do anything from draw up plans to get the whole job done for you (using sub contractors that know how to work to his specifications).
Old 07-22-2003, 09:35 AM

Hi
For studio HVAC work, call A.H. Flores, 818-764-0058 and ask for James Flores. Their systems are dead silent.

IMDB

Puget Sound on Facebook
Old 07-27-2003, 03:16 AM

Pilchner has an LA office.
http://pilchner-schoustal.com/