Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2021, 06:15 PM

Default PT 2021.10 Bug Thread

Maybe it's good if we have one thread about things that aren't quite working as expected? I have 2 small issues with the latest release, and neither really feel worth opening a Support ticket for, since they don't seem likely to be solved easily, and neither disturb my normal workflow.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 10-28-2021, 06:19 PM

Default Re: PT 2021.10 Bug Thread

Bug 1: The "fixed" Bug noted in the 2021.10 release:

The visibility of the background pattern denoting black and white keys on MIDI and Instrument tracks when using the Dark theme has been improved (PT-276994)

This does seem better, but there is still a section of the bright and mid-tone Yellows, Greens and Blues that inverts the dark/light keys if you only have a selection of one MIDI/Instrument Track opened in the MIDI Editor window.

I applaud the changes made so far to the UI and Color Palettes with regard to customization. I have some visually impaired friends who will benefit from the Hi-Viz additions. But I still maintain that there should be separate color controls for the MIDI Editor Window, and that the behavior of these dark key/light key inconsistencies need to be hammered out completely.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro

Last edited by massivekerry; 10-28-2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 06:30 PM

Bug 2: Komplete Kontrol functionality for the original Mk1 S-series keyboards does not seem to work.

I have an original (Mk1) NI Komplete Kontrol S-61, and although I have added it as a device in the MIDI Controllers pane of the Peripherals Window, I don't have the added functionality that is indicated in the updated Reference Guide, the What's New document, or the video they released showing the functions.

I don't expect some of the things to work (like the mixer controls), as the original keyboards don't have all of the bells and whistles of the Mk2 and later models. But they does have a set of Transport controls that I would love to be able to use, as to keep my hands and arms at one level when I'm doing a bunch of MIDI recording. The keyboard has the latest firmware, the latest KK drivers are installed, and the Transport controls continue to work in both Logic and Cubase, as they always have.

If the Mk1 keyboards aren't supported, that should be documented clearly somewhere that is easily found. If they were just never tested, and this is an oversight, let it be known.

Old 10-28-2021, 07:16 PM

As an original S-88 controller owner I feel your pain. I've watched so many cool features in MkII, supported by DAWs and libraries and such, that I can't have. I'd settle for Play/Stop.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:19 PM

Default VCA Meters Misaligned in PT 2021.10 on Big Sur

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417550
Old 10-28-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Bug 1: The "fixed" Bug noted in the 2021.10 release:

The visibility of the background pattern denoting black and white keys on MIDI and Instrument tracks when using the Dark theme has been improved (PT-276994)

This does seem better, but there is still a section of the bright and mid-tone Yellows, Greens and Blues that inverts the dark/light keys if you only have a selection of one MIDI/Instrument Track opened in the MIDI Editor window.

I applaud the changes made so far to the UI and Color Palettes with regard to customization. I have some visually impaired friends who will benefit from the Hi-Viz additions. But I still maintain that there should be separate color controls for the MIDI Editor Window, and that the behavior of these dark key/light key inconsistencies need to be hammered out completely.
Definitely +1 for separate colour control in the MIDI Editor.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Bug 2: Komplete Kontrol functionality for the original Mk1 S-series keyboards does not seem to work.

I have an original (Mk1) NI Komplete Kontrol S-61, and although I have added it as a device in the MIDI Controllers pane of the Peripherals Window, I don't have the added functionality that is indicated in the updated Reference Guide, the What's New document, or the video they released showing the functions.

I don't expect some of the things to work (like the mixer controls), as the original keyboards don't have all of the bells and whistles of the Mk2 and later models. But they does have a set of Transport controls that I would love to be able to use, as to keep my hands and arms at one level when I'm doing a bunch of MIDI recording. The keyboard has the latest firmware, the latest KK drivers are installed, and the Transport controls continue to work in both Logic and Cubase, as they always have.

If the Mk1 keyboards aren't supported, that should be documented clearly somewhere that is easily found. If they were just never tested, and this is an oversight, let it be known.
I have exactly the same problem. It works with my M32 though. A video from Avid on YouTube says that it works with any Komplete Kontrol keyboard (not should work) so I find this seriously misleading.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
As an original S-88 controller owner I feel your pain. I've watched so many cool features in MkII, supported by DAWs and libraries and such, that I can't have. I'd settle for Play/Stop.
I have an S61 and an M32. Works fine on the M32, not on the S61 though.

This reminds of when NI released Massive X to great fanfare. Trouble was that it didn't work on a large amount of users Macs because the processors in them didn't have the correct SSE instruction set (mainly cheese grater Xeon equipped machines). NI did mention it but it wasn't exactly made clear when downloading the plug-in, it was "hidden" amongst a few pages after it was downloaded.

There's probably a page somewhere that says this won't work on 1st generation KK keyboards, but I'll bet Avid will say its NIs' problem and vice versa.
Old 10-29-2021, 07:12 AM

bugs in 2021.10? ok, i'll play.

starting with 2021.10 there is the new "Flexible Track Routing" with "Routing Coefficients" in /Preferences/Mixing/.
on my MacBook Pro 13" (native screen resolution 2560 x 1600) the bottom of the Preferences window is cut off, and there is no way to scroll down to the see/edit the full parameters.
see attached screen shot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 10.03.03 AM.jpg (14.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-29-2021, 12:40 PM

Default PT 2021.10 Bug Thread

Same issu with my Komplete Kontrol A61, those new features doesn’t work !
Something messing !
MAC Pro "Trash can" - Pro Tools HDX + Ultimate 2021.12/Avid C|24/S3/ProTools|Dock. Blackmagic.

Last edited by PhiBee; 11-01-2021 at 04:43 AM.