Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2004, 11:36 AM

Default cannot access audio files from Mezzo backup

I am trying to access some Pro Tools 5.1 sessions backed up by Mezzo to an AIT drive. These sessions were dumped to a firewire drive and that's how I received them. I don't own Mezzo but I need to access to these sessions. Is there a way I can put these Pro Tools sessions back together with out buying Mezzo? I can rename the session icons .pts and open up the Pro Tools session and see the complete session minus the audio. I can see all the audio files on the drive but my computer won't recognize them as audio. If I could get my computer to see the audio files as audio I believe I could put the sessions back together. Renaming the audio files .aif or .wav.or .sd2 does not work, Pro Tools and osX still see them as unknown file types. My setup is Mac OSX 10.2.8 running ProTools 6.2 HD2 Accel. Please help!