Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-28-2024, 08:30 PM

Default Re: iLok Services Down

I hope this is fixed in the next 12 hours....
oh boy if this is not fixed in the next 12 hours...
Old 05-28-2024, 09:25 PM

Mine just started working again (in Aus).
Old 05-28-2024, 09:56 PM

Yep back to work in NZ as well
Old 05-28-2024, 09:57 PM

What a cool fun time that was.... Good luck catching up everyone.
Old 05-28-2024, 11:44 PM

Was anyone unable to use Pro Tools who is a permanent license owner and WASN'T running East West's Opus? I know that plugin failed even for permanent license owners, not so sure about PT itself.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 05-28-2024, 11:59 PM

Still dead to me, I lost an entire night of work because of this, current status on ilok licencing is
License Activation Performance Issues
Old 05-29-2024, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
Not good reading that people are having problems with physical iLoks ...
From what I have discovered so far, the problem with the physical iLoks only affected users like me who had East West Opus installed. Even though I had the license for the player and my library on my hardware iLok, I could not use it. Sounds like an East West issue... not iLok in that case, because all my other plugs with licenses on my iLok dongle worked fine.

But... the plot thickens. Just verified with another users that if you're an EW Opus user... and even if you have licenses on the iLok dongle... if you turn off WiFi (or however you access the internet) same issue happens. This is definitely not cool. If I have my license on my physical iLok it should work regardless of the internet.

To paraphrase the late, great "Ricky Ricardo"... "East West... you got some 'splainin' to do!" I'm very hesitant to buy EW libraries in the future now.

UPDATE: I've heard from yet other users that Opus still works for them when WiFI is off, but at least one was on different macOS (Ventura) and Opus 1.3.9 than me. I'm using Sonoma 14.5 and Opus 1.5.1

Last edited by James Steele; 05-29-2024 at 12:47 AM. Reason: More info.
Old 05-29-2024, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhoney View Post
Still dead to me, I lost an entire night of work because of this, current status on ilok licencing is
License Activation Performance Issues
This link might be helpful. https://status.ilok.com/

I remember it supposedly was affecting just US server and Asia and Europe were okay? Well I tried using a VPN and connecting via servers in those areas and it made no difference.

Maybe just do a full reboot. It should be working.
Old 05-29-2024, 06:13 AM

Ok, things are working!! Even though licenses were showing on my ilok again, they would not load. I had to resync my ilok to get sessions to open. Soundtoys and a few other plugins that are non subscription based were asking for authorization before I synced.

Avid, it's time to make a change and find a new way for license management!!! A server outage should not prevent us from getting work done!!! And.... I thought I was preventing this by not using ilok cloud for my main system!!!

See the screenshots below. iLok icon in red is pre sync, blue is post sync. I do have subscriptions for mcdsp and slate (for compatibility with clients). So, that is quite a few licensense that I'd expect to cause issues with this, but otherwise everything else is "owned".
Old 05-29-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Was anyone unable to use Pro Tools who is a permanent license owner and WASN'T running East West's Opus? I know that plugin failed even for permanent license owners, not so sure about PT itself.
Me! I'm still unable to get my slate plugins back but pro tools will open. I don't have East West's Opus

Pro Tools Ultimate - macOS Ventura 13.6
10 Core iMac Pro
64GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB
UA Apollo x8