Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Default ASIO Digidesign Device driver problem in Cubase

Hi, I am trying to configure my mbox 2 pro to allow me to record in cubase 5. I try to set the ASIO Driver (under device setup) to ASIO Digidesign Device, however when selected Cubase warns me "Bad Device" Other options under this ASIO Driver drop down menu are:

ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver (when selected this uses the inbuilt mic and speakers in my mac - i am running windows xp via bootcamp on my mac),
Mbox 2 pro (when this is selected I can record using my mbox, however there is a constant popping and clicking sound that cuts through the sound of the guitar - this is present during recording, and the same pops and clicks after recording),
Session I/0.

I believe that the reason I get a clicking sound when the Mbox 2 pro driver is selected is because the ASIO Digidesign Device is the driver that must be selected - i've read that this is the driver that is needed to get the mbox 2 pro working on cubase.

Any advice would be greatle appreciated. I am running windows xp, under device manager in the sound, video and game controllers I have the following drivers: audio codecs, digidesign mbox 2 pro, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture devices, media control devices, realtek high definition audio, video codecs.

My mbox seems to working fine, no blinking lights or anything, i believe that's installed correctly, so I think there must be a problem with the ASIO Digidesign Device driver. I may reformat windows and do a clean install of everything, but I would like to get this working. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Re: ASIO Digidesign Device driver problem in Cubase

No worries...i formatted my c drive, reinstalled windows, followed the instructions super carefully on installing pro tools and the mbox 2 pro (just put in the disk without the mbox plugged in, plug it in when it prompts you to, ignore any popup messages about finding new hardware, but "continue anyway" with the warning messages), restart thecomputer and then install the mbox bootloader drive that windows prompts you with. Then I was getting the 9092 error so I followed these instructions:
Windows XP Optimization for Pro Tools. Now the clicks and crackles seem to be pretty minimal. I tested recording guitar etc. on pro tools and it seems okay, hopefully cubase will be alright too although now pro tools seems to be working okay...there may be no need to switch to cubase i also read in a thread that you shouldn't have raid enabled in your bios...however as i'm running windows bootcamp on my mac i don't have a bios. Thought I may aswell post this incase anyone was having similar problems.